Coffee Drinkers.... what do you brew up in the mornings at home

jasil

Established Member
Dunkin, Any name brand Columbian, and every so often a Coffee from German ultra fine.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I just use Folger's medium roast. Drink half a pot straight. No sugar, creamer, or fairy dust. Gotta have it for my 40 mile commute.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
The wifey and I typically go to Costa Rica a couple times a year on vacation. Their coffee is awesome! I feel by drinking it straight, you can really tell the difference between the different blends and truly enjoy it. I used to add those flavored creamers, but it kinda muddied the waters a bit.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
I switch between Starbucks and The Roasterie. The Roasterie is a Kansas City (Brookside based for those that know the area) coffee shop that "air-roasts" their coffee beans. It is some of the best coffee I have ever tasted.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Cheap vanilla nut coffee from the local Cheveron (Van Houtte).. I like it a lot actually, been getting the same coffee for 2 years now. And I dont even fill my car up there.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I LOVE the smell of coffee but I dont get straight up Coffee. I usually get a Dunkachino or a Coffee Coolatta... they are really good.

pharmd2010

Established Member
nothing beats grinding your own beans. I've been hooked on coffee since I was about 13 years old though... I'm trying to stop... around the time I was 16 I was drinking easily 7-9 cups a day to make it through school. Coffees bad.. it messes with you after a while, you cant focus on anything, you cant wake up, sleep deep, always tired.. tons of problems.. the worst was I was getting 10 hours of sleep a night and I still slept through my alarm, and I would often crash for a few hours after getting home from school.

Coffees horrible, I just drink 1 cup a day now max.

Actually, that may not be so true anymore. There are studies now supporting that some coffee every day may actually be good for you. My Pharmacy school Biochemistry professor has actually conducted extensive research on the issue herself and has made a few publications I believe. Now, 7-9 cups a day may be a little excessive as it can cause heart arrythmias, but a cup or 2 per day seems to be okay. I sure hope so at least because I can't give up my coffee!

BTW, I drink folgers classic roast, black.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I think thats the same deal I got on mine, I like it so much I gave one to my Dad for Xmas. Have you tried the donut shop by coffee shop?

I have had it in the past. I tend to buy the darker varieties for the Keurig, but the donut shop variety is still very good and, in general, Coffee People has some great blends.

Right now I have Caribou Coffee's Caribou Blend, Coffee People Cowboy Coffee and Wake Up Call, and Green Mountain's Double Black Diamond. I rotate through varieties each time I order, though.

Users who are viewing this thread