Cog Pulley

Sp3edD3m0n

Established Member
Noob questions, I tried the search button but Cog is to short so it omits it in the search...

I found a local guy selling a Cog pulley and puller and I was thinking about picking it up, however it is only the one pulley not the entire cog system. Can I run the pulley by itself or do I need the entire system? Also would running the pulley by itself allow slippage in order for it not to be stressful on the components? Only reason I am thinking about it I am trying to work out a deal with some springs and the puller as well.

oldmodman

Established Member
You need the entire system as originally sold by the manufacturer.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, do you have a PD or TS blower?

THEN DON'T DO IT!

It's only "safe" if you have a centrifugal blower. And not even a good idea then.

People that tried to run a cog on a stock 4.6 Cobra crank have either broken off the snout or if running a TS blower have damaged the gear box in the blower front end. Not everyone, but enough to prove that it is not a very good idea.

1badsvtcobra

Established Member
like oldmodman said you need the entire system, i bought mine from RPM outlet, not cheap paid a little over $1,000, I have not installed it yet, but i've read its hard on the sc, the reason im going to do it is because my cobra is not my daily driver and im crazy -)

Users who are viewing this thread