cogged belt system...

gbgary

Established Member
while i was getting my pre-ported s/c dyno today i was looking at a silver L they had on a rack and it had the motoblue cogged belt system on it. pretty cool looking, supposed to be an instant 40ftlbs of torque cuz of no belt slip(according to their tech), can't find the motoblue site for pics but here's a link to some.

http://rpmoutlet.com/lightcog.htm

took my six lb lower off and put the four back on since i can't run it with the ported s/c (read you really can't go 16 lbs of boost on what i have), 14 will have to do (lol). all i really have is the 4 and a download tune. incidentals on my truck are sbtb, IT22s, opened-up stock air box w/k&n drop-in, 170* stat, and mag. cat-back. 383 hp/471 tq seems kinda low but heck i don't know, it might be right for what i have. the steig stage 4 and a jlp blower spacer (not phenolic spacer) are going on this week. maybe that'll put me in the 425/500ish catagory with a tune tweak...ya think?

Last edited:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i heard you need a bit of belt slip so you dont mess up the blower. when it's at wot & then you let off qiuck it slipps a bit. that what JDM told me. you need little slip.
you should put down about 425-435 hp.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
say no to cog belts...

what he said plus think about what happions if the blower locks up... the belt gets throwen and you may need to get a new rotor pack... no biggy really

what happions with a cog and a a locked blower. snapped snount shaft. distroyed rotors casing inner cooler... it wont slip so what ever is locking it up has to go somewhere... that some where could be the motor...

gbgary

Established Member
i'm not putting one on, just saying it looked cool. i've never even put my truck on a track yet...may not ever. hell the dang thing costs $900+ anyway. lol

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i've heard this time and time again, but does anyone have proof of this?

assasyn

Established Member
beenstruck said:
say no to cog belts...

what he said plus think about what happions if the blower locks up... the belt gets throwen and you may need to get a new rotor pack... no biggy really

what happions with a cog and a a locked blower. snapped snount shaft. distroyed rotors casing inner cooler... it wont slip so what ever is locking it up has to go somewhere... that some where could be the motor...

Your spelling is painful bro'. :poke:

2003fordsvt

Established Member
I personally know a guy that was running the cogs had no problem what so ever i believe you got to see it to believe it "i've heard alot of things but haven't seen any problems" :bash:

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
P1080338.jpg

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
Thanks, works real well too. I sent a kit too a professional for testing.
We will see ,,Bunk or No Bunk.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I don't know where you guys got your info but I would like to know. I have the cog on my lightning and I beat the hell out of it some times, and I have NO problems! I have the 16# cog set and it works great....alltough I need a retune, my truck is running really rich.

S/C F-1FITTY

Sin City
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
I don't know where you guys got your info but I would like to know. I have the cog on my lightning and I beat the hell out of it some times, and I have NO problems! I have the 16# cog set and it works great....alltough I need a retune, my truck is running really rich.

+1 I have the cog setup as well and going on with 20k mi on it. not "1" problem:). It always seems with everyone that is against it, it's always, I heard
or I read it somewhere...it's all F'n BS to me. I say go with the cog if you got the $$$

Skoalman

Banned
+2! FTMFW!!

Got the second-gen cog pulley on my daily-driven work truck, (I copied S/C F-1Fitty).

I drive an average of 62 miles a day with it, no issues but it sure turns heads!
(Mines actually louder than the one in the video clip, due to it being the second gen model).

Don't think twice about getting one of these kits (just go for it), they are a little pricey because RPM Outlet has to pay copywright royalties, but man it completely wakes the truck up, I shaved a full second in the quarter mile with mine.

The ribs on the belt will certainly rip off in the event of supercharger lock-up so i'm not concerned in the slightest about that.

lightning_2001

Established Member
i showed some vids of cog'd cobras and an L's to my dad he loved them.it sounds badass!this suxs cause you have some ppl saying never and some saying no doubt.if i had the $$ id probably get it.anyone ever have a cog setup F up there ride??

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Skoalman said:
+2! FTMFW!!
I shaved a full second in the quarter mile with mine.

Wasn't aware of that good of gains. Good info to know.
I love the way Skoalmans truck sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread