Coil pack issues?

Ralo

Established Member
My car is only acting up under a load and I'm wondering if anyone else had coil packs cause this issue. My car idles fine

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I would start with the plugs and then coilpacks.
I swapped my coilpacks in a buddy's Terminator that was having similar issues and the hesitation was gone. He ordered a few new ones and figured out which one was bad by process of elimination...
Good luck

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
i recently had to change my coils. My car would bog extremely hard when going WOT. Sometimes it would even die. I did a COP stress test with fords software (i work for a ford dealer) and found multiple coils failing. I replaced with a spare set I had and magically, she was fixed.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
yeah the coils have problems on every ford vehicle. unless its a 3V then 99% of the time if you have a missfire its atleast one coil.

Ralo

Established Member
I changed the two coils that were above the plugs that looked like they had fouled and it seems to be back to normal. Wish I wasn't used to my power level lol.

Ralo

Established Member
I could also tell it was a coil by putting it in a high gear and flooring it, putting it under a heavy load. It would misfire pretty good then

Users who are viewing this thread