Coil pack replacement? Slight misfire at idle after warming up

Cobra Kai Dojo

Finish him!
Established Member
03 with 18k miles. bone stock. no CEL. and the car drives fine.

just replaced the plugs because there was a faint misfire at idle. even with the new plugs (NGK TR6 gapped 0.054), there's a bit of a miss at idle... but only after it's warmed up.

all coil packs are original. i noticed one of the coil pack tube on cylinder #8 (closest to driver side firewall) was a bit "grey/white-ish" but the rest of them look new. don't want to buy all 8...... haha :shrug:

Ukfox89

Established Member
i have heard that NGk plugs are prone to miss a little at idle. mine does the same thing. once warm it has a slight miss and hicup, but up in the rpm it is super smooth and pulls hard. you can ohm out a coil, but of course you can test it with voltage because of how high the voltage is. you shoul dbe able to check resistance through the coil with each connecter. My tuner recommended changing the factory coils with some msds or at least the accels, although i think the msd coilsare much prefered.

TRBO VNM

Common if using the NGK tr6. all 4 of my terminators were the same way, but driving they were fine. Just at idle was the "miss". So I pay it no mind. And yes, you can put an ohm meter on the coils to test them.

Users who are viewing this thread