Coilover Kit Installed

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Bob, what is the weight difference with the fiberglass leafs vs. Hotchkis or even stock springs? How much do they lower the truck? And are they pretty decent at he track?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
If the KP 4 link kit is lighter than the glass leafs and Strange shocks I have now then yes I will, otherwise the back is DONE. :-D

Shipping weight of my kit minus the coils and shocks was just under 100 lbs. This includes the panhard bar and the u-bolts.
Just some info if you wanted to check

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I've had my best to date 60' times with these leafs (other changes as well) and they wiegh about 8# each. IDK how much drop they give but you get an idea in my sig pic. Glass leafs and JLP shackles set on lowest setting.

Back OT - while checking over the front end yesterday I noticed oil residue around the piston rod of one of the shocks. I wiped it down and will recheck today, one or both may have to be replaced under warranty.

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
There pron to leakage Bob, since she's not as much of DD as she used to be perhaps the benefits will out way the mess...

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I'm not worried about it being taken care of, nor am I unhappy about it since stuff like that happens. It's not due to anything other than it being a bad shock or shocks, gotta look them both over good tomorrow.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
Just came in! I'm working tommorrow so maybe sunday I will install them!:pepper:
002-1.gif

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
I'm not worried about it being taken care of, nor am I unhappy about it since stuff like that happens. It's not due to anything other than it being a bad shock or shocks, gotta look them both over good tomorrow.

From my understanding the O-Rings have a tendency to leak, aren't hey rebuildable..? This was my understanding as well.

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
They should (One would assume) have a wide selection to choose from. I have been waiting for someone to go thru these painfull steps myself.
Keep us posted you guy's any and all progress....

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
In this kit type 550 is the highest wieght srping available, I even looked at other companies' springs with no luck, not to say they don't exist. Adding a spring rubber would easily match and go well above the stock springs' 606# rating. The 550 springs aren't bad at all, I have no front swaybar and with the shocks set to #10 (out of 24) they're plenty stiff.

Cobrafcker

Established Member
Time for a revival , for more info , I'm sure I'll text you more about it ....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread