Coilover Kit Installed

falstaff

Established Member
Ok cool. I'm going to keep an eye on what you have done for awhile, just to make sure everything holds up.

Last edited:

OH-MAN

Established Member
You know just when I think I am getting close to a final suspension setup.
( Thanks Scott )
You bring up a great idea fade 2 black.:bowdown:
I have stock control arms and drop spindles. This is a great improvement over the stock springs and shocks I have on it now.

Fade, what is the length of the shocks and springs?
I would like to go a bit stiffer to start out with.
Luis is a great guy to deal with.
Thanks for another way to improve my truck:bowdown:

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
I am going to order this set-up but want a stiffer spring combo. I have unlimited adjustability in the rear and this completes the set-up IMO. Great work Bob... any pics on ride height yet?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Thanks guys. I didn't get any pics today, I spent the day under the hood taking care of a minor coolant leak. I'll snap some pics when I get home from work tomorrow if it isn't dark already.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Fade,
What amount of drop do the LCA's give normally?
I am wondering if the stock LCA's will need longer shocks to work out.
I guess if you wanted to lower it a bit compared to stock those may be just the right height.
You seem to be sitting in the center of the shock body with the spring adjuster.
Is that where you ended up with the setting?

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
As soon as I finally decided on what I was going to use to drop the front half you go and throw this out there...damn you! lol

Very nice work as always Bob! Overall how much of a drop could you get with this setup?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Fade,
What amount of drop do the LCA's give normally?
I am wondering if the stock LCA's will need longer shocks to work out.
I guess if you wanted to lower it a bit compared to stock those may be just the right height.
You seem to be sitting in the center of the shock body with the spring adjuster.
Is that where you ended up with the setting?

He has the same LCA's as i do. The DJM units are an advertised 2" drop but i got about 2 1/2- 3" out of it.... pulling the spring rubbers and i would be as low as ACSVT and we all know how low that truck is. It lowers the truck by droping the spring pocket so no you would not need longer shocks, the stock shocks are what you would use with these control arms.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Correct, the shock tower height doesn't change, these shocks have plenty of travel for our use and the same travel in fact as the RC1540P's that I just took out. The lengths of the shock both compressed and extended is what I used to figure out which kit to get.

IDK how it will play out with stock LCA's but I could drop mine down low enough in the front to sit on the tires if I wanted. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread