Coilover Kit Installed

flashlight

Established Member
Thats preaty cool. I can tell you that yours are set a lot lower than mine. I've got mine close to the top. I had them down like yours at first and it was sitting about like it did with the trick springs. Its a little to high now. But at least thats an easy fix.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I just adjusted further, raising the front up more. I'm now sitting 1/2" higher from where I started yesterday which is about where I want to be. At this point the collars are almost to the top of the adjustment range and I'd only be able to get another 1/4 to 1/2" higher up front without using a thicker spacer up top or a spring rubber to raise the spring rate. I also turned the dampning up 2 more clicks and it made a big difference, in fact I'm going to turn them back down one setting.

So far, so good.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
With my setup I could easily slam it. I'm 2" or more ahead with the LCA's I have. I'd bet someone with stock LCA's will soon make the swap.

Schmuckingham

Established Member
yea me :)

Whats theyre website? I searched for just Paradise Racing and got a Toyota site with that certain kit nowhere to be found

Last edited:

falstaff

Established Member
Bob,

Other than the few pounds it saved, what are some of the other advantages of doing this.

Adjustable height anything else?

Thanks

lightning666

Established Member
this would be great for me since I was about to cut my hotchkis coils to drop mine in the front a tad more, this seems like a much better option

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Bob, let's see a pic or two of the new stance! I'm interested to see how this setup will hold up for you long term, and at the track. Be sure to keep us updated with progress reports.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I'll get some pics tomorrow Scott, it's in the garage on stands right now, still yanking stuff off it. :rockon: It's sitting about level right now, the back is about 1/2 higher than the front. Running 30" race tires out back and 29" up front this will allow raising the front more to compensate and level out, thus improving wieght transfer and better short times. That's my plan anyhow. :thumbsup:

Advantages: Less wieght, quick and easy ride height/damping adjustments and if you want to go harder or softer on the springs they're only like $70/set. Ride quality is GREAT as well.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
It does to an extent. Going above or below the height at which the last alignment was done doesn't seem to adversly affect anything though. I keep a close eye on my tire wear, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread