Cold-Hearted Cops Charge Mom Of Dead Son For Dent In NYPD Car

FordGTGuy

Established Member
TAMON ROBINSON tried to outrun cops, but couldn’t.

The 27-year-old coffee barista died in April after being struck by an NYPD squad car that began chasing him as he swiped paver stones in the predawn light at his Brooklyn housing project.

Now his mom’s being chased anew, hounded by a collection agency hired by the city with a cruel final demand, the Daily News has learned.

The city has ordered her to pay the $710 cost of repairing the police car that killed her boy.

“We’re still grieving, and this is like a slap in the face,” Robinson’s mom, Laverne Dobbinson, 45, told The News.

Read more: Cold-hearted cops charge mom of dead son for dent in NYPD car - NY Daily News

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sounds like the city is just trying to collect from his estate and that she is the executor. Poorly written article IMO.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Am I supposed to feel sorry for someone?
At the time of his death, Robinson worked at a Connecticut muffin shop in Fort Greene, but also tried to make extra money hawking items, including the paving stones, to scrap dealers, his mother said.

Something tell me that the paving stones did not belong to him.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Am I supposed to feel sorry for someone?

Something tell me that the paving stones did not belong to him.

Are you saying this a crime worthy of being ran down by a police vehicle and eventually killed of the injuries? Also he was not driving the vehicle so I don't see how him or his estate would be responsible for damage to the vehicle.

Bottom-line it was very disrespectful for the police department to send a bill for a dent that caused the death of their son. It would be as if a police officer's gun misfired and accidentally killed someone and they sent the bill for the bullet to the persons family.

You guys are insanely insensitive this guy did nothing to deserve a death sentence but you guys seem it fine that not only was he killed but charged for damages in what was found to be a accidental death.

Last edited:

DepWraith

Established Member
Are you saying this a crime worthy of being ran down by a police vehicle and eventually killed of the injuries? Also he was not driving the vehicle so I don't see how him or his estate would be responsible for damage to the vehicle.

Bottom-line it was very disrespectful for the police department to send a bill for a dent that caused the death of their son. It would be as if a police officer's gun misfired and accidentally killed someone and they sent the bill for the bullet to the persons family.

Lets see, was it a crime worthy of him running from the police???

His estate is responsible because he caused the damage...just the same as cost recovery for anything else used in a criminal case.

The set didn't cause the death, her son did when he decided to go against society and not obey the rules the people have set forth. Had he not been stealing and did not run away this would not have happened. Remember, the bad guy always make the decision in what will happen, if a chase ensues, if force is needed, etc.

It's nowhere near the same as an accidental misfire!

Bottom line: obey the rules and don't cry when you come out on the worse end.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

His estate is responsible because he caused the damage...just the same as cost recovery for anything else used in a criminal case.

The set didn't cause the death, her son did when he decided to go against society and not obey the rules the people have set forth. Had he not been stealing and did not run away this would not have happened. Remember, the bad guy always make the decision in what will happen, if a chase ensues, if force is needed, etc.

YUP - well said!!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
If he didn't run from the police for stealing paving stones he wouldn't have put himself and his family into this situation. Thus, I don't feel sorry for his family for getting the bill for the dent repair.

You guys are insanely insensitive this guy did nothing to deserve a death sentence but you guys seem it fine that not only was he killed but charged for damages in what was found to be a accidental death.

Quit acting like that guy is 100% innocent in all of this.

FordGTGuy

Established Member

So every crime worthy of running from the police is now to be considered worthy of death?

How is this nowhere near that of a accidental misfire during a police chase?

The city medical examiner ruled his death an accident.

The city medical examiner ruled his death an accident so how is it his family is responsible for damages of a accident?

Last time I checked neither running from the cops on foot nor stealing is a crime that is punishable by death. I'm not calling for the cops to be punished I'm just saying that the police department is in the wrong for charging the family for the damages to the police vehicle in what was deemed a accident.

If he didn't run from the police for stealing paving stones he wouldn't have put himself and his family into this situation. Thus, I don't feel sorry for his family for getting the bill for the dent repair.

Quit acting like that guy is 100% innocent in all of this.

When did I say that? Oh wait I didn't whether or not he is innocent of stealing or running from the cops does not justify the police department charging the family for damages in what is officially called a accident by the city medical examiner.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Maybe his stupid mother should have raised a less stupid son. Did he deserve to die? no not really but he is dead due to his OWN stupid. **** being "sensitive" towards the situation. he was a ****ing thief who died while committing a crime. to ****ing bad.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
If they would have shot him, they would have saved the family $710.

Seriously, I think the city should have waved the bill, but common sense and government rarely find common ground.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
When did I say that? Oh wait I didn't whether or not he is innocent of stealing or running from the cops does not justify the police department charging the family for damages in what is officially called a accident by the city medical examiner.

You guys are insanely insensitive this guy did nothing to deserve a death sentence

You are implying it right here, bro. If he was innocent, he would have not ran and his mother would not owe the city a repair bill.

Planter

Banned
ummm, he's 27 years old. his mother isn't liable for squat. she didn't make her kid steal. why should she pay?

I'd tell the city to go pound sand.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I posted the following comment on the article. will be interesting to see if it passes the censors:

Dave JonesLess than a minute ago
Your comment is awaiting moderation

Let's see, Starbucks clerk decides to deprive someone else of their property so he could sell it. When caught by the cops, he behaves like most common thugs and decides to run. Cop chases and thief is killed in the process. City decides that the ESTATE of the thief should pay to have the car fixed. some reporter writes a poorly worded article detailing the above and all the liberals jump in and sympathize with the thief.

DId the kid deserve to die? no he didn't. but his death was a result of his own piss poor decision making. Maybe if momma had raised an upstanding citizen instead of a thief things would not have turned out so badly

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
So every crime worthy of running from the police is now to be considered worthy of death?

How is this nowhere near that of a accidental misfire during a police chase?

The city medical examiner ruled his death an accident so how is it his family is responsible for damages of a accident?

Last time I checked neither running from the cops on foot nor stealing is a crime that is punishable by death. I'm not calling for the cops to be punished I'm just saying that the police department is in the wrong for charging the family for the damages to the police vehicle in what was deemed a accident.

Pay their bill then since, you find the city is inconvently billing the estate to pay for damages

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
ummm, he's 27 years old. his mother isn't liable for squat. she didn't make her kid steal. why should she pay?

Read RDJ's comment..... if SHE as the Executer of the estate decides not to pay then the estate will be sued (most likely successfully) and she'll have to pay legal fees AND to pay for the car to be fixed. She should chalk the bill up to bad parenting on her part. Obviously she didn't teach her kid right from wrong. Hopefully she doesn't have more kids or this could very well repeat!!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
ummm, he's 27 years old. His mother isn't liable for squat. She didn't make her kid steal. Why should she pay?

sounds like the city is just trying to collect from his estate and that she is the executor. Poorly written article imo.

This would be my suspicion as well.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread