cold temps./boost???

steveowit3os

Established Member
so i just left my friends house and i felt like getting on my car because it is not hot out for the first time since i had the car...i only have it 2 weeks so i got on the highway and hit it, and i noticed my boost gauge was hitting almost 20 when ive never seen it go over 15.. whats up with this shit... is this normal was the car just feeling good and wanted to go.. wtf im kinda bugging out over herel:shrug:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
info on mods would be nice, may get more replies.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
the cooler it is/gets outside, the more power/boost your car will make.

not sure if you would pick up 5 lbs worth, but who knows. a pound or two more though would be normal.

steveowit3os

Established Member
it was prob about 70 out. but i never drove it with the temo less then like 85 and these are my mods

2.3 whipple, 3.25 upper, 4lb lower, All billetflow idlers, accufab single blade throttle body, ldc cooling mod.

JDM/Kooks longtubes, JDM OR/Xpipe, Magnaflow catback with supertrap 4" tips.

All fore fuel sysyem, Hat, twin gt pumps, Stage 1 fpdm, wire upgrade, 80lb inj

Spec stage 3 plus clutch, steel flywheel, 26 spline input shaft, fieore cc/fw adj steeda tri ax

DSS level 5 plus halfshafts with chromemolly inners, 410 gears, diff brace

SCT 2800 MAF meter, sct xcal 2 with street tune, race tune

Tri pod on pillar with boost and oil pressure guages, and raptor claw

Afco dual pass heat exchanger, Lethal ice box, subframe connectors

DarkMach1

Established Member
Maybe 20psi is what it should be hitting on your setup but you've never looked at the gauge before while you're accelerating. When I was tuned at around 75*s it was hitting 8psi, now at 100+* the most I see is 7psi, when it goes down to 40s* during winter I expect to see 9psi maybe 10 peak. Its all in how dense the air is, the colder air is more dense= more PSI.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would more believe, as well, that your setup normally sees around 20 lbs. You've only had the car for two weeks so it is possible you just never noticed it went to 20 lbs. before. You wouldn't see a 5 lb. boost increase in cooler weather vs. hot weather.

steveowit3os

Established Member
yea i spoke to the guy i bought the car from and he said it should be about 20 psi the way it is now.. maybe i never noticed

Users who are viewing this thread