Collector Car Insurance Recommendations

cj428mach

Established Member
Grundy here as well. Im a little concerned about the no errands thing. That basically means you can only cruise and not stop anywhere. My agent assured me id have no issues with the way I use my car. I just hope I never need it.

BMSTNG

Established Member
Heacock classic here, My agreed upon value for my cobra, is $35,000 and I have $12,000 on my 93notch. I'm paying $760 a year for both and I'm allowed 3,000miles a year.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Definitely NOT Hagerty. They screwed my Dad over so badly that our agent stopped writing policies for them and moved all his antique/classic clients to a company called Infinity. My '66 is heavily modded and I think my premium is around $350 a year.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
The one thing I always liked about insuring with Grundy was that they have no limitations on mileage.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Grundy Worldwide was absolutely awesome to deal with. I had a total loss on my Backdraft RT3 so they won't insure me any more, and I now have Hagerty. Hagerty is more expensive, but hopefully if there is ever a claim, they are as good as Grundy Worldwide.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Grundy here as well. Im a little concerned about the no errands thing. That basically means you can only cruise and not stop anywhere. My agent assured me id have no issues with the way I use my car. I just hope I never need it.

Coming from someone who has had a rather large total loss with them, it is not an issue.

dom418

Established Member
The exact reason why I dropped them asap. Guys with Grundy Read the fine print. You're only covered to and from a car event. I've never heard of anyone file a claim with them either to see how they pay.

I went with Heacock. No BS rules and the price was the same. $350 a year for $32k value

ITSTOCK

Established Member
The exact reason why I dropped them asap. Guys with Grundy Read the fine print. You're only covered to and from a car event. I've never heard of anyone file a claim with them either to see how they pay.

I went with Heacock. No BS rules and the price was the same. $350 a year for $32k value

They paid out on $65k with no questions asked. I have NEVER had a more pleasant experience with an insurance company as I did with Grundy.

04RFVert

Established Member
Hagerty here, wanted to know I could drive the car when and where I please. Yes it cost more but not much and their customer service is great. This is my third car with them.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
I love Grundy as mentioned before had my 1995 cobra valued at 18k. Now my 99 cobra is with for 21k and I pay 300 a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Grundy states the car is strictly for leisure driving. There's ways around everything. They can't prove everything.

For instance. Let's say I did go out to eat at a restaurant. Somebody backed into my car. I could say I pulled into the nearest parking lot because my car started overheating. Or my tire went low, or the brakes weren't working properly.

See where I'm going with this?

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Just did a quote with Grundy, I really do just get the car out for car events only, with my regular policy this car was costing me a additional $120 a month

cbj5259

Established Member
Another vote for Grundy here. Hagerty are scam artists. I've had Heacock in the past and they were decent too but can't beat Grundy's rates. I think you guys are over thinking the "errands" part a little too much. The car can't be specifically used for errand running. If you are out on a Sunday drive and stop off at the 7-11 for a coffee or a bite to eat that is not errand running. Taking the missus to a cruise night and stopping at the CVS on the way home to pick up your crotch cricket cream on the way home...won't you get you dinged. Grundy has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I didn't like the restrictions placed by Grundy so I went with Hagerty and it was all handled through my "regular" insurance guy who has been a friend for years. Hagerty just wanted my car parked in a locked garage but nothing else. I can drive it to work when I want to the kids' school or just for fun. No mileage limits either. Admittedly I haven't had to make a claim but I have been pleased. I'm in NC and I do think the state insurance laws play a factor in premiums and likely in the "fine print" stipulations too.

Sent from my SM-T710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IllCobra

Established Member
Tried to get a quote from grundy but my car is not stored in a garage so i was unable to get one. damn

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't do grundy because I drive my car to work 2-3 times per month on a nice Saturday. I'm with hagerty, never had to file a claim though. I tried American modern but they would only agree on 30k, hagerty agreed to 50k

IllCobra

Established Member
Seems that Grundy and Hagerty are the most popular choices. What are other good companies?

keystonemedical

Established Member
I was with Hagerty for years, never had a claim so , I cant complain. I recently changed to Classic Collector Car which is underwritten by Infinity. I got a little more coverage on my 2013 GT500 for alittle less money. There was a 3000 miles per year limit on it, but I very seldom come close to that on any of my toy cars. Ive read good and bad reviews on line about them, just like Hagerty and the rest of them. I just liked the idea that they were giving me a little more coverage for a little less money.

Users who are viewing this thread