College Apologizes for Serving Mexican Food During Sci-Fi Event

OhIIICobra

Established Member
"Stevenson College, part of the University of California, Santa Cruz, is apologizing to its students for serving Mexican food during “Intergalactic” night.

In a letter sent out to students, the college apologized for having “a Mexican food buffet,” while also featuring spaceships and aliens. The college received complaints saying the combination was racist because of the association between Mexicans and illegal immigrants.

“We would never want to make a connection between individuals of Latino heritage or undocumented students and “aliens” and I am so sorry that our College Night appeared to do exactly that."

http://thepunditpress.com/2015/04/1...for-serving-mexican-food-during-sci-fi-event/

http://www.westernjournalism.com/wa...-serving-mexican-food-at-intergalactic-night/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't an undocumented alien arrive from any nation? :??:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
When I was a kid I never imagined that the complete pussification and destruction of America would unfold before my very eyes. I'm confident the transformation will be complete in a couple more decades. Unfortunately I think we've passed the hump of regaining sanity on a national level.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Were the spaceships flying over a fence?

If I saw that and made the connection I would have laughed my ass off while eating some tacos.

It is amazing how people force "racial insensitivity" into everything. Even if intentional, shouldn't have mattered. If those offended were illegal then they shouldn't be there from the start. Priorities as a society are so screwed it's pathetic.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Same here, because it allows me to learn. Before these revelations, I never knew food was so racist...truly I was blind.

As a white American I am trying to flip this racist food scenario in my head to something offensive and I'm at a complete loss. Challenge failed I guess.

SVTPete83

Established Member
The people that put it on are being forced into sensitivity training by the campus. I would tell the campus to **** itself.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I guess if a Brit wearing a red coat tells a white American this on the 4th of July they’re supposed to take offense?

“Oi…Yank I’ve prepared you this Braised Leg of Mutton, Yorkshire Pudding & Yard of Ale in honor of your bloody independence (ha ha)…wanker!”

I’d still be like sweet bro, lets chow down...sounds yummy! :thumbsup:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I guess if a Brit wearing a red coat tells a white American this on the 4th of July they’re supposed to take offense?

“Oi…Yank I’ve prepared you this Braised Leg of Mutton, Yorkshire Pudding & Yard of Ale in honor of your bloody independence (ha ha)…wanker!”

I’d still be like sweet bro, lets chow down...sounds yummy! :thumbsup:

That's because we have better shit to worry about than trying to find a way to be offended.
As someone who enjoys obscure humor, I hope that this was intentional.

Deep down I hope it was too.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
In other news,the campus ran out of tampons due to an overwhelming number of bleeding vaginas.

oldmodman

Established Member
Huh?

The only thing I would be complaining about is the lousy Mexican food.

Authentic Mexican food is flat out wonderful. The rest is just Taco Bell. :xpl:

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
Were the aliens depicted as wearing and sombreros drinking teqila piled 10 deep in the bed of a 1970 ford pickup fleeing from the intergalactic border patrol???? This PC shit is getting out of hand.

Users who are viewing this thread