color change

NYstanger

Established Member
Was thinking about doing a color change on my car if this would be possible. I definitly don't wanna go through and strip a whole car apart again for a paint job. What I'd like to be able to do is say like the hood, bumper, and fenders one time. Then put those back on. Take the trunk off and rear bumper and paint them and put them aside. Then take the doors off and spray the roof, door jams, and quarters. Install rear bumper and truck. Then take the doors apart to spray. Like to be able to do it over a 3-4 week period. Now my question is would there be anything that could affect the way the paint looks from piece to piece over this 4 week period? I just don't wanna dismantle everything and have parts everywhere not to mention the space everything would take up.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Was thinking about doing a color change on my car if this would be possible. I definitly don't wanna go through and strip a whole car apart again for a paint job. What I'd like to be able to do is say like the hood, bumper, and fenders one time. Then put those back on. Take the trunk off and rear bumper and paint them and put them aside. Then take the doors off and spray the roof, door jams, and quarters. Install rear bumper and truck. Then take the doors apart to spray. Like to be able to do it over a 3-4 week period. Now my question is would there be anything that could affect the way the paint looks from piece to piece over this 4 week period? I just don't wanna dismantle everything and have parts everywhere not to mention the space everything would take up.

yes. Doing the paint at different times will cause the paint to be different shades and not match. Do it once and get it over with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread