Commissioner Gordon is getting his own show

o2k

Noob
Established Member
Commissioner Gordon is getting his own television series with 'Gotham'

Sure, most of the attention has been on Ben Affleck being cast as Batman in Zack Snyder's sequel to Man of Steel, but what about the rest of the Batman universe? Deadline reports that Fox has closed a deal for a television series centered around none other than the Dark Knight's ally Commissioner Gordon. Called Gotham, the show focuses on Gordon's early years as a detective on the Gotham City police force, and while it will include some of Gotham's most famous villains it will reportedly not feature Batman himself.

Bruno Heller, the creator of The Mentalist, will be producing the show in conjunction with Warner Bros. Television, and Fox's deal includes a series commitment — signaling just how bullish the network is on the project. The Gotham announcement comes on the same night that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. makes its debut on ABC, and with a Flash show also in the works at the CW, one thing's for sure: Warner Bros. and DC aren't ceding television to Marvel without a fight.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/24/4...getting-his-own-television-series-with-gotham

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Looks like DC is trying to do what Marvel is doing with the Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. Not gonna watch either one of them, they don't sound exciting and will more than likely add nothing to the table.

mysterio

Established Member
Looks like DC is trying to do what Marvel is doing with the Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. Not gonna watch either one of them, they don't sound exciting and will more than likely add nothing to the table.

You're not missing anything. I watched that Agents of SHIELD debut last night, and it was absolutely dreadful. The NY Times also dismissed it, more or less:

http://tv.nytimes.com/2013/09/24/arts/television/marvels-agents-of-shield-begins-on-abc.html?_r=0

Not only did it not bring anything to the table, it told us nothing compelling to draw viewers in to watch it again. Guess a cameo by Nick Fury or Tony Stark just isn't in the budget, sadly.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Let's capitalize on the success of the Nolan movies and squeeze the franchise for all it's worth!

Users who are viewing this thread