Common issues with Foci

ecoastkid

Established Member
Hey folks.

Never posted in this part of the forums before (I always stick to the lightning section..lol). I have a friend who has a SVT Focus that just seems to be be rather sluggish (When I took a ride in it, it just doesn't seem to tach out as fast as others I have been in). He doesnt have much mechanical skill and is going to bring it over to my house this weekend for me to look over it.

I'm basicly wondering if there are any common issues to look for?

Apparently he bought a pred for it and wants me to throw one of the canned tunes on for him (He only has an air filter so I think it will be fine) but i'd prefer to make sure its running correctly first.

Thanks

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
You can also check out Focaljet, it's a great site for stuff like this.

From your description of the problem it's kind of hard to guess at, check the IMRC actuator and lever.

ecoastkid

Established Member

You can also check out Focaljet, it's a great site for stuff like this.

From your description of the problem it's kind of hard to guess at, check the IMRC actuator and lever.

I'll check those sites...thanks

common issues with this car has been covered 10k times. if you search the last 5 pages of threads you will probally find it 2 times lol.

Bummer...I only skimmed the last 3 pages

...I would also check the flux capacitor, sounds like it may be sticking:thumbsup:

Nope...This car isn't equiped with a Mr. Fusion.

CT SVT

Established Member
if its on the stock tune, thats you problem. the SVTF is know to stumble in stock tune. and good dyno tune from a Focus expert should fix the problem your talking about.

2svtfocis

Established Member
i would say it could be several things.among several that were already mentioned.i have had ground issues causing the car to die and stumble.it always seems to be the engine to chassie ground on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread