Comp vehicle from ford...

jason1320

Established Member
It says in our manuals that as SVT owners we are entitled to free rentals while our cars are being serviced under warranty. Has anyone taken ford up on this? Did the hem and haw about it? I noticed that there was an * that says "participating dealers only."

I live in the DC metro area and need some warranty work. I was just wondering if they were going to give me a rental or not.

Thanks.

Cobra-O

Established Member
I am in Houston and I got one. just tell them you need one and you are entitled to one. I think I had to pay $8.00 or something like that for some tax that is not covered, but it was not anything big and I got an explorer for a weekend.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I'm driving a rental now since the L is for repairs and got one 2 weeks ago from a different dealer when the Cobra was in for warranty work.
Just show them the SVT supplement...shouldn't be a problem.

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Mary!!! I told you too look out for stray longhorn steers!!

Uh huh, but it's that damned old throw out bearing and the dealership is taking their time. grrrrrrrr

Xjman1

Established Member
Yep

Had the car for about a month now and driving my 3rd rental today, a brand new Focus. They are working on the rear end "clunk". First week I bought it thay had it for some parking lot dings and body work issues, fun part was they gave me a Chevy Cavalier and it smelled like major WEED inside. Got a Chrysler Sebring convertible for the balance of the week to compensate.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Had to drive to a dealership 270 miles away to get a loaner. The local dealership didn;t fix my car the first 2 times I took it to them, argued with me about a loaner, even though I bought an extra loaner car agreement through Ford because I knew they would do this. Just depends on the dealership. The one in Tucson offered me a loaner before I even mentioned it. Brought it home for 3 weeks while they fixed the car. :thumbsup:

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Only time I've gone in for warranty work (missing an exhaust bracket on my L) they handed me the keys to a four door F-150 (new body style). I was pretty pleased...

Then came back to get the truck and it was detailed...All around good day...

Users who are viewing this thread