Compare number 8 plugg pics

WHITEMACH

Established Member
Compare number 8 plug pics

MY NUMBER 8 try to list if you have a tune or stock....
img4365k.jpg

img2706cb.jpg

img0011ag.jpg

number 5 vs number 8
img7213l.jpg

img5094bh.jpg

Last edited:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
dont mean to be stupid but where is that?

Not stupid at all..... This is what an information forum is all about.....

Basically the timing mark will show ON the plug if spark timing might be too aggressive or not aggressive enough. A good tuner can tell all sorts of info from just reading a plug. The pic below shows a discoloration of where the timing mark is. This can change from motor to motor, but in the interest of what you're trying to accomplish here, it'll be interesting to see what other people find. I have inside sources that say this huge #8 cylinder is NOT a tuning issue whatsoever.......

BR7EF29degreessidecyl1small.jpg

phack

Established Member
I cant see squat in your pictures, use the macro setting. Also, you really cant take a plug out of a car after normal street driving and take what you see as gospel. I've been talking to some good people about this ever since I pulled my #8 plug and tried to do what you are doing now.

You plug looks fine, BTW.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
I cant see squat in your pictures, use the macro setting. Also, you really cant take a plug out of a car after normal street driving and take what you see as gospel. I've been talking to some good people about this ever since I pulled my #8 plug and tried to do what you are doing now.

You plug looks fine, BTW.

i just took it to 7300 down my street in 2nd and 3rd and shut it off and coasted to my front yard and pulled them..btw i do need a better camera!

Last edited:

phack

Established Member
i just took it to 7300 down my street in 2nd and 3rd and shut it off and coasted to my front yard and pulled them..btw i do need a better camera!

The best way is to start with fresh plugs so you can see how the plating on the ground strap erodes.

You can still kinda see some signs in your plugs, though. In my completely non-expert opinion, your AFR looks good judging by the color of the base ring, actually looks pretty rich. I think I can faintly make out the ground strap mark in your 3rd picture. They look like upsidedown U's from that angle. Looks a tad bit hot but nothing out of the ordinary from what I've seen. Compare it to the stock plug posted in the other thread and I think you will agree.

Last edited:

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Best way to do a "plug run" is to do a high rev pull at normal engine operating temperature and then cut the engine off and come to a stop then pull out a plug.

From my experiences your plugs look good. If they are a tan brown that is where you need to be. If its white thats bad, also if it is dark mushy blackness. Reading plugs is not rocket science....

Users who are viewing this thread