COMPLETE 2V Eaton Swap For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
Just as the title says, I'm looking to sell my entire 2V Eaton setup. I bought this kit from the original owner/designer about 10 months ago and stuck it on my wife's 2002 GT.
My intentions were for her to have something to play with while we cruised together but she only drove it twice after I had it tuned. She laid the hammer the second time out and it was a bit too much for her. She's been driving my F150 ever since that day.
Anyway, we are now in the process of separating and she wants me to return her GT to stock.

This is not "just another" 2 valve Eaton kit. This is THEE.... 2 valve Eaton kit. This is from the first ever documented successful use of an Eaton M112 on a 2 Valve motor, and this is the basis for what later became the Torque Tech kit. My good friend (the previous owner) helped their R&D Shop design their manifold. In exchange for his assistance, they sent him a Magnison M112 manifold which he had machined to his specs to fit the Eaton M112. He didn't want to wait for them to deplete their inventory of manifolds before having the Eaton changes integrated. They later went to production with the manifold tailored to fit their custom components of the kit and completely missed his original idea and intended price mark.
The MAJOR difference between this setup and the tork tech is that THIS setup uses EVERYTHING OE from Ford. The Tork Tech kit uses proprietary components such as the aftercooler, heat exchanger, reservoir, coolant lines, etc, etc... THIS kit is EVERYTHING factory 03/04 Cobra and will net the closest visual appearance and performance possible to a 2 valve Eaton blown terminator! And if you've got a built shortblock and good heads, stick a 3.4L whipple on top and make some big numbers!
ALL of the other 2 valve Eaton setups you see are inferior to this kit in every way possible. When Tork Tech closes their doors, this is the only kit that will remain serviceable.

Here's a list of parts from off the top of my head. Im sure Im forgetting something but you can get the idea.

03/04 Cobra M112 Supercharger (complete service back in May 2012)
03/04 Cobra Inlet plenum
03/04 Cobra Throttle Body
03/04 Cobra Heat Exchanger with mounting hangers and hardware
03/04 Cobra Inter cooler
03/04 Cobra Throttle Cable with mounting brackets and hardware
03/04 Cobra MAFS
03/04 Cobra Bosch Coolant Pump
Magnison Manifold with Custom Machined Plate (This is what makes it possible to use a factory Cobra Blower)
"Tork Tech" Front Mounting Plate with All Billet Idlers and Belt Tensoners
2.76 Billet Aluminum SC Pulley
39lb Fuel Injectors
Polished Canton Coolant Reservoir (Powered Coated Clear for a "Never Polish" Finish)
ARP Intake Studs
All Required Sensors
All Coolant Lines & Hoses
All Engine Belts To Include The 8 Rib SC Belt
JLT CAI w/ K&N Filter
7" lower piggy back style crank pulley
Custom Fabbed Coolant Cross Over
Every Last Nut, Bolt, Washer, Hose Clamp, to make it a complete swap

This setup made 418hp/411tq on 9lbs of boost at FastLane SpeedShop Benson NC. I have plenty of pics in my phone of the kit so please feel free to text me for more info (336-681-1595).
Everything is bubble wrapped and boxed (had a buyer lined up but the deal fell through) so it could be in the mail ASAP.
Im asking $3000....$2800....$2700 OBO SHIPPED/DELIVERED. Buyer only needs to pay the PayPal fees. Open to trades (Local Only). Willing to deliver within 150 miles of 28304 if asking price is meant.

Thanks for looking....

Last edited:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Damn, that sounds like a screaming deal man. The only thing that would be needed is a tune, correct?

Edit: sorry for a potentially stupid question, but will a stock GT hood clear the blower?

Last edited:

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
Correct, you would need to have it tuned before you could safely drive it.

And no, the stock hood will not work. The blower snout just barely sticks up enough to require an aftermarket hood. I ran a 2in cowl on the car but I have seen guys "relief" cut their stockers to allow the pulley to clear. I didnt want to go that route since it was my wife's car.

Thanks for the questions and interest. Dont hesitate to hit me with any more as they come up..

Last edited:

alivingmustang1

Established Member
I have a complete Vortech T-Trim kit with Aftercooler. Includes everything from air filter, to SCT MAF, Powerpipe, Vortech bracket, heat exchanger, hoses and 75 BBK TB. Plus a lot more. The T-Trim was completely rebuilt by Vortech for $1,600 including all new internals. I can travel. I'd like to see more pics and a close-up of the lower intake manifold. Thanks!

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
Price is OBO...Dont be affaid to ask a price. The only thing I can say is "no thanks"...

Massie02GT

Established Member
If only this had went for sale before I started piecing together my Tork Tech build. I can tell you guys, this price is way below what I'm going to be at when I'm done. Absolutely amazing deal!

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
If you can shoot me some pics of the install and lower intake manifold, that would be good.

PM sent..:burnout:

If only this had went for sale before I started piecing together my Tork Tech build. I can tell you guys, this price is way below what I'm going to be at when I'm done. Absolutely amazing deal!

Thank you for the kind words brother. If by chance this buyer on Saturday backs out, you'll be the first to know if I decide to part it out. :beer:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Not real sure why you are trying to make this sound like such a different setup than a Tork tech kit. Other than a manifold, every piece I have on my car is OE ford, so I'm not sure what the bold claims are of everything being ford parts is all about. Considering that link specifically states it is a Tork tech manifold that has been modified with an adapter plate. Or that a Tork tech kit is inferior to this, for someone with a few posts and not even any pictures to back these claims up I find the credibility a bit questionable, your parts list is no different than mine.

stangman9897

Established Member
Damn ^^^ Shit wish i would have seen this yesterday before i laid out $4650 for a Kenne Bell setup.

Screamin'04

Established Member
Not real sure why you are trying to make this sound like such a different setup than a Tork tech kit. Other than a manifold, every piece I have on my car is OE ford, so I'm not sure what the bold claims are of everything being ford parts is all about. Considering that link specifically states it is a Tork tech manifold that has been modified with an adapter plate. Or that a Tork tech kit is inferior to this, for someone with a few posts and not even any pictures to back these claims up I find the credibility a bit questionable, your parts list is no different than mine.

It's simple... YOUR kit would not exist without me or THIS kit. I spent months going back and forth with Ron Fedema (formerly of FAST) designing this setup for their client (Tork Tech). First I had to convince them of the hole in the market, second I spent countless hours taking measurements and working up CAD drawings and exchanging information with Ron. We went through a few iterations of what the end result would look like. Finally, when we had a workable design, we were told by Tork Tech that we had to wait for their current inventory of TT specific manifolds (designed for magnuson blowers) to be depleted before they would sand cast and pour our new design. Subsequently, in leu of waiting, I took their existing magnuson manifold and made all of the engineered changes on my own to fit the Eaton.

At that point, when TT came to market with their Eaton swap manifold, the heat exchanger, the coolant tank and the aftercooler were tork tech specific pieces that were only available via tork tech. Now, I'm uncertain if that is still the case, but at that time, their aftercooler was much different than the ford OE unit and in fact much more inferior. As a matter of fact, I STILL have the blank that they sent me. Not to mention the lines and everything else were very TT specific. And according to their website, it still is....

100_2368.jpg

So, after Tork Tech closes its doors, good luck finding replacement parts.

2452699.gif

So, as you can see... This kit, (MY design), uses all FORD OE parts for the aftercooler and everything... Much different than the one pictured above and infinitely more serviceable when Tork Tech closes their doors (if that ever happens).

100_1347.jpg

So, you see...... This is THEE ORIGINAL Eaton Blown 2 Valve that started all of this and what you have. It has been featured in Mustang Enthusiasts and was the very first one to ever exist... And conceptually, "could" be the very last one to ever exist if replacing components ever becomes an issue.

Hope this answers your question. As for the OP/Seller, you will not find a more stand up guy. I've known him for years... I sold him this setup for his wife's car and helped him install it. His word is gold...

ArticlePage54-55.jpg

ArticlePage56.jpg

Last edited:

Screamin'04

Established Member
Tork Tech missed my intended mark on pricing. I intended for this design to be significantly less expensive than going the KB route and than what they charge. Greedy commies... LOL :rolling:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I'm not attempting to say this wasn't the first car out there with this done, or am I trying to take anything away from you as far as aiding in the design of what TT's kit is.

Your claims of TT's kit not being serviceable after they close there doors makes no sense, and it is not any different than this kit that is being sold. The three pieces that are TT specific are the manifold, pulley bridge and piggyback crank pulley. Both used by your kit, and the TT kit. As far as the thermostat housing a simple creative touch could implement in a different one with ease, coolant lines being specific? Wrong, they sell radiator hose at every auto parts store in the country, be a little creative with what you're looking for and again you can change it. The aftercooler is easily replaced by a garrett cobra unit, and depending on what kit you actually buy you may not even receive one, the list just goes on.

I have no doubt that you are partially responsible for what's out there today, but that doesn't give anyone the right to falsely boast that their kit is far superior to others considering they are indeed, one in the same.

Screamin'04

Established Member
I'm not attempting to say this wasn't the first car out there with this done, or am I trying to take anything away from you as far as aiding in the design of what TT's kit is.

Your claims of TT's kit not being serviceable after they close there doors makes no sense, and it is not any different than this kit that is being sold. The three pieces that are TT specific are the manifold, pulley bridge and piggyback crank pulley. Both used by your kit, and the TT kit. As far as the thermostat housing a simple creative touch could implement in a different one with ease, coolant lines being specific? Wrong, they sell radiator hose at every auto parts store in the country, be a little creative with what you're looking for and again you can change it. The aftercooler is easily replaced by a garrett cobra unit, and depending on what kit you actually buy you may not even receive one, the list just goes on.

I have no doubt that you are partially responsible for what's out there today, but that doesn't give anyone the right to falsely boast that their kit is far superior to others considering they are indeed, one in the same.
Go take a picture of your aftercooler lines coming out of the manifold going to the heat exchanger and post it. Your aftercooler is NOT Ford Original Equipment, nor is the tubing or the block coming from the manifold to the heat exchanger lines. You cannot use a cobra (or garret aftermarket OE replacement) aftercooler with yours at all without redesigning the manifold. Nobody here is talking about the thermostat or radiator hoses. The pictures I have posted here (taken from their site at the time of my post) show the differences.

Oh, and the rest of my rant goes to the OPs credibility that you took a jab at... This is a WELL documented and known "kit" and it is NOT just another TT kit, just as the OP said. And as for the choice of words in the original ad... It's called marketing; ever watch a commercial that doesn't hype their product over the competition? Especially when the product IS actually better?

Last edited:

Massie02GT

Established Member
Tork Tech missed my intended mark on pricing. I intended for this design to be significantly less expensive than going the KB route and than what they charge. Greedy commies... LOL :rolling:

Unfortunately I will probably only be $7-800 under what a KB kit costs. The only reason I went Tork Tech instead of KB was being able to do it a few pieces at a time.

If the OP decides to part this kit, I will be patiently waiting with PayPal ready.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Wow, coming from a guy who did the Tork Tech kit, that is a really good deal! Free bump for you!

OP, where did the upper radiator hose/cross over come from? I'd like to swap my TT piece out for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread