COMPLETE 2V Eaton Swap For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

alivingmustang1

Established Member
To the designer of the lower intake manifold: Do you have any pictures comparing your intake design to the current Tork Tech design? I assume the current TT intake is cast where your design was bolted or welded together (being a prototype)? Why didn't you use a Cobra pulley bridge (OE) instead of the TT bridge? The same goes for the crank pulley as well - couldn't you have used an OE Cobra pulley?

Not knocking your work, just wondering why?

Thanks!

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
Wow, alot of traffic on here since I last checked.

Thanks Ed for the chiming in with much more detailed answers than what I could have given.

I'm not attempting to say this wasn't the first car out there with this done, or am I trying to take anything away from you as far as aiding in the design of what TT's kit is.

Your claims of TT's kit not being serviceable after they close there doors makes no sense, and it is not any different than this kit that is being sold. The three pieces that are TT specific are the manifold, pulley bridge and piggyback crank pulley. Both used by your kit, and the TT kit. As far as the thermostat housing a simple creative touch could implement in a different one with ease, coolant lines being specific? Wrong, they sell radiator hose at every auto parts store in the country, be a little creative with what you're looking for and again you can change it. The aftercooler is easily replaced by a garrett cobra unit, and depending on what kit you actually buy you may not even receive one, the list just goes on.

I have no doubt that you are partially responsible for what's out there today, but that doesn't give anyone the right to falsely boast that their kit is far superior to others considering they are indeed, one in the same.

You asked certain questions and those questions have been answered. I cant help if your not happy with those particular answers. The facts are the facts and they wont change.

Last edited:

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
If only this had went for sale before I started piecing together my Tork Tech build. I can tell you guys, this price is way below what I'm going to be at when I'm done. Absolutely amazing deal!

Thanks for the free Bump brother. I would love to see pics of your setup if you have any. Sounds like you took a very practical direction with your build.

Wow, coming from a guy who did the Tork Tech kit, that is a really good deal! Free bump for you!

OP, where did the upper radiator hose/cross over come from? I'd like to swap my TT piece out for that.

Thanks man, I appriciate the refresh on the thread.
As for the radiator setup, the one that is pictured was a temp mod from the builder. He ran it like that just long enough to de-bug the system.
I decided to fab up a stainless steel cross over piece very simular to the Cobra coolant cross over just to "clean" up the engine bay a bit. The buyer will get both setups with the purchase and they can decide to run eith er one.

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
To the designer of the lower intake manifold: Do you have any pictures comparing your intake design to the current Tork Tech design? I assume the current TT intake is cast where your design was bolted or welded together (being a prototype)? Why didn't you use a Cobra pulley bridge (OE) instead of the TT bridge? The same goes for the crank pulley as well - couldn't you have used an OE Cobra pulley?

Thanks!

I will ask him about the pics. I dont want to give you wrong info about all the machining he had to do to the Maguson lower. :beer:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Beware

I mean nothing personal against crossbreedsmc..:beer:

There has been several scammers on this site lately.

17 posts and 0 trader rating and $2800. Just be careful buyers

Buyers just make sure and get full info before sending any money.

Full name, Address, Phone # and maybe a backup #.

Just be safe.:rockon::rockon:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
It isn't hard to see that none of the things I mentioned were totally addressed, it started off as a far superior kit that was more "serviceable" than a Tork tech kit. And as the conversation progresses the outlet tubes for the intercooler are the ONLY pieces that are truly different in this kit. So I do like the answers, it doesn't take much to realize that while this is a great deal the claims made about superiority are hollow. Good luck with the sale.

Screamin'04

Established Member

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I do not have any comparisons. Their final production design differed from what we (Ron & I) designed in that instead of going with the OE Ford aftercooler/intercooler, they went with their own proprietary aftercooler/intercooler. I'm guessing that it was one way for them to increase their profit margin by forcing people to use a proprietary design. I have my CAD drawings, but I'm not posting them online. The manifold is however, a full casted aluminum manifold that has been re-machined to my specs. Not a frankenstein manifold bolted together from random pieces.

This is the manifold prior to re-machining... The bolts that you see on the runner are for interchangeable runners. Most do not know this, but this particular manifold (don't know about their current production manifolds) can be used on a 3 valve or a 5.4 2 valve with a change of runners.

manifold_002.jpg

To answer your other question, there was no reason to re-invent the wheel on the cross brace and bottom pulley. They already had the cross brace and pulley done for a 2 valve Magnason kit that they produce. The goal of my original project was to mate the Eaton M112 to a 2 valve, not necessarily reproduce a Cobra setup on a 2 valve. But, yes... You can run an aftermarket Cobra/Metco type pulley, just not the OE cage type.

It isn't hard to see that none of the things I mentioned were totally addressed, it started off as a far superior kit that was more "serviceable" than a Tork tech kit. And as the conversation progresses the outlet tubes for the intercooler are the ONLY pieces that are truly different in this kit. So I do like the answers, it doesn't take much to realize that while this is a great deal the claims made about superiority are hollow. Good luck with the sale.
You sir, are dense... The outlet tubes are machined specifically for the aftercooler/intercooler. What makes this kit superior is that the ability to run (along with the fact that it DOES run) a Ford OE aftercooler/intercooler. For the final time, your aftercooler/intercooler is NOT an OE piece. It is smaller than factory OE... That being said, it's more than adequate for the Eaton setup, but not so much if you were to run a bigger blower and more boost. If you think otherwise, I invite you to go out and buy the lower intake adapter and tubes and try it (part # 2R3V-9N491-HA). But I'll betcha they don't fit... Wanna know why??? (psst... cause you DON'T have a factory OE Cobra aftercooler!)

The fact that you see no difference just shows that you're in over your head here.

2003-03-04-mustang-cobra-eaton-supercharger-lower-intake-manifold-46-dohc-_280877159357.jpg

Bottom line, if TT closes its doors and you develop an aftercooler (or intercooler as some people call it) leak, you'll have to find a core somewhere and pay someone hundreds of dollars to transplant your end caps. The owner of THIS setup will simply buy an OE replacement.

If you cannot understand that, then I don't know what else or how else to make you understand. Nonetheless, you ALREADY own a kit similar to this and as such are serving no purpose in this thread other than to nit pick the OPs verbiage and be a prick. That being said, I invite you to kindly quit ruining the OPs thread with your BS. You've said your peace and others will read it. Your job here is complete, now kindly piss off.

Last edited:

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
I mean nothing personal against crossbreedsmc..:beer:

There has been several scammers on this site lately.

17 posts and 0 trader rating and $2800. Just be careful buyers

Buyers just make sure and get full info before sending any money.

Full name, Address, Phone # and maybe a backup #.

Just be safe.:rockon::rockon:

Thats very sound advice Larry, no offence taken. I appriciate you looking out for any potential buyers but I assure you, Im not a scammer.
I dont have a trader rating because Ive never sold anything on this site. I normally do all my business on HosrePowerJunkies.com due to the fact its a local site and therefor I dont need to mess with shipping. Ive been a member on this site just shy of 2 years and have bought multible items from members during that time.
If "trader ratings" are an issue, Screamin'04 (with a trader rating of 18) has spoken to my charactor and I encourage anyone to check my status on HorsePowerJunkies (where you will find Ive been a member since 2007 with a 100% rating from countless buyers).
I wouldnt have put my personal cell number in my original post if I was out to scam someone. "Knock on wood", I have only dealt with other honest gear heads like myself while selling/trading/buying and most of the time its been repeat service. Im a big believer in what goes around, comes around......:beer:

Last edited:

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
Lets get this thing sold....$2700 SHIPPED/DELIVERED
Buyer would only be responsible for the PayPal fees. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
Bump...
I would really like to sell this kit complete but its looking like I may have to part it out to get it gone....

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
dont know what the big deal about having ford oe parts that make the intercooler/aftercooler different but most kits use aftermarket intercoolers vortech, kb, procharger dont know why that is a big deal that it comes with a ford oe big deal :shrug:

Screamin'04

Established Member
So you would compare tork tech to companies like vortec, procharger, and KB? And no; no other companies use an aftermarket inter cooler for this particular setup.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
dont know what the big deal about having ford oe parts that make the intercooler/aftercooler different but most kits use aftermarket intercoolers vortech, kb, procharger dont know why that is a big deal that it comes with a ford oe big deal :shrug:

Im not going to take the time to explain this again. All the info is here for you see.
Not sure if you're choosing not to read the previous posts or you're just too dense to understand the info.:shrug:
Either way, if you're not interested in buying the kit then please move along. After all, this is a "For Sale" thread and not a "Tech" thread.:beer:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
So you would compare tork tech to companies like vortec, procharger, and KB? And no; no other companies use an aftermarket inter cooler for this particular setup.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Guess op doesn't have time to answer our questions.

Must be right

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Screamin'04

Established Member
Your question is the same as what was previously asked. Both the OP and myself have explained this once already. As the OP said, this is a "for sale" thread, not a tech thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread