Completely removed my interior today...

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It was almost 70* today so I started doing the tear apart on my truck. I have over $300 worth of Dynamat sound deadening coming in tomorrow so I wanted to get ready for it. Maybe Travis or someone else can chime in, but I want some new carpet too. Not black, but dark grey is what I want. This was fun:

Winter07042.jpg

Winter07043.jpg

Winter07045.jpg

Winter07049.jpg

Winter07051.jpg

Winter07052.jpg

Winter07053.jpg

Winter07054.jpg

Winter07055.jpg

Winter07057.jpg

Lightweight racing seat:

Winter07060.jpg

I'll be posting pics as I Dynamat the interior. :thumbsup: Does anyone have any tips?

See page 5 Post #113 For Dynamat Pricing.

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Chris, i wouldnt recommend dynamatting over the vents in the back of the cab. It makes the doors a little harder to close.

illness

Established Member
aah those are good times.. I remeber when i did mine... the whole floor the rear cab wall and the roof... It was soo shiny when i was done.. god bless dynamat..lol

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
a little off topic but whered you get your pedals, and whered you get the stereo head unit surround?

and as for tips. make sure there is no grease on the floor where the dynamat is going. Myself ive used a ton of alcohol to wipe the floor down with :D
next a roller and a hair drier will be your best friend. and of course start from one end and roll down to the other.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Racing seat, hahaha.

When you were removing all the peices, did you have any issues with the plastic tabs breaking or bending? I have to rip a few peices of mine out and wondered about that.

Good luck with it Chris, I'm afraid I don't have any tips for ya.

Oh, how long did it take you, out of curiosity?

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Chris, i wouldnt recommend dynamatting over the vents in the back of the cab. It makes the doors a little harder to close.

Thanks. I actually have all the used holes marked so I don't accidentally go over some I need.

Chi3f said:
chris is a big boy i bet he could sit on the floor of the truck and drive alright.

:D

Kryo-Genik said:
a little off topic but whered you get your pedals, and whered you get the stereo head unit surround?

and as for tips. make sure there is no grease on the floor where the dynamat is going. Myself ive used a ton of alcohol to wipe the floor down with :D
next a roller and a hair drier will be your best friend. and of course start from one end and roll down to the other.

Pedals off ebay a long time ago. Surround on humount.com

kenwood017.jpg

Along with their kits I ordered a rubber roller and I have a heat gun. I also have some wax & grease remover (Tec Clean) so I'll use that. I never even thought of that thanks!

NewKid said:
When you were removing all the peices, did you have any issues with the plastic tabs breaking or bending?
Oh, how long did it take you, out of curiosity?

Not a single broken clip, tab, or anything. It helps to have the right trim tools, plastic prybar set, and patience. I think it took me about an hour and a half. I also took out my 3rd brake light & coat hangers so I can remove my rear window.

ChuteboxeL03 said:
That dynamat is gonna weight a ton.

Out of curiosity I'll weigh it before it goes in. I'm not that concerned about weight. If I was I'd go on a diet.

SID297 said:
This is where I got my carpet:

http://www.stockinteriors.com/Default.asp

I got the extra plush cut with mastic backing. I also bought some from ACC (http://www.accmats.com/products/molded_carpet/moldedcarpet.htm) but I wasn't as impressed with it as I am the SI cut.

Thanks Travis. I hoped you'd chime in. We can get ACC from work but I've had issues with them in the past. I've sold 2 of their carpets without a problem, but the one I bought for my Monte SS was way wrong. You went black correct? Any pics?

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
Actually looking forward to seeing your results, as after gettin my truck running again I plan on doing the center console conversion and a nice stereo system with dynamating the interior. I'm just tryin to see if I go with all leather black buckets instead of cutting the stockers, what it would look like as I dont wanna convert the whole interior over to black.

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
Chris, how did you get your surround to fit?

kenwood017.jpg

I have tried forever to get mine in but it won't go. Its like its to big or something.:shrug:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Hey Chris, Did you have that Light Weight Racing Seat..... "Over-nighted from Japan"?????? :D :D :D

...Fast and Furious sarcasm for those who didn't get that :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread