Compression check

KKell83

Established Member
Due do all my e-mail tunes recently and multiple data logs I would like to do a compression check (leak down) on my 2011 gt. Do I need a custom adapter like the older 3v engines? What is an average compression for these engines, over 200?

Ken.

5lho

Established Member
The car takes standard plugs so, no adapter needed. Compression varies depending on baro but about 180 is where things typically sit.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
When I did my compression test (dry test) my average was about 180. The lowest was 171 and the highest 187 with all the other right around 180. I was told my results were very good. This was in a fully warm engine.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Get the motor warm, disconnect the FDM in the trunk. Crank it until it wont start. Remove all plugs, put a battery charger on the battery and go one by one.

You want to see no more than 25% difference between hightest and lowest cylinder readings.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

KKell83

Established Member
Get the motor warm, disconnect the FDM in the trunk. Crank it until it wont start. Remove all plugs, put a battery charger on the battery and go one by one.

You want to see no more than 25% difference between hightest and lowest cylinder readings.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I disagree with the 25% number. 10% is the acceptable number that I have seen forever and used.

Users who are viewing this thread