Compression results - need some insight

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey,

Did a compression test and the results were odd. One side of the motor (passenger) all tested good - in the 160's. The driver side tested in the 80's. All cylinders were close to each other on each side of the motor. Just the passenger side ranged in the 160's and drivers side was in the 80's.

Billet OPG's were installed on this car so is this a case of the timing being off?

Thank you

Car is a 2011 GT too.

hand-filer

Established Member
So what does it run like? Does it run like it's running on 4 cylinders? If so then yeah you might have some valve timing issues.

hand-filer

Established Member
Well it could be something went wrong during the OPG install. If the rough running occurred right there after then for sure that's what it is.
Probably best to confirm the valve timing at this stage.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
It doesn't stumble or anything, it starts up and idles fine you can tell it is a little rough though.

Going to check the timing later this week. I'm guessing the timing chain is off on one side.

Doug1227

Established Member
^ That would be my guess....definitely timing related if it's across all cylinders on that bank...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yes could be a timing issue, did it literally just happen after billet opg's where installed?

Also i cant see your sig on my phone but do you have cats or high flow cats on the vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread