Compression test Question

69camaro...

Established Member
Going to run a test this weekend. Have questions about properly running the test.

Remove all plugs or keep plugs in and remove one at a time?
Disconnect each injector or hold pedal down at WOT and turn over motor? Or remove fuse?
Need to open air box?

69camaro...

Established Member
Thanks. Hoping shes healthy, if not its going to the dealer. This motor wont stop ticking, driving me insane

csb85

Established Member
I just pulled the fuse for the fuel pump. I think it's number 13. And yes pull all the plugs then do the test

scott_0

Established Member
Thanks. Hoping shes healthy, if not its going to the dealer. This motor wont stop ticking, driving me insane
is the ticking solely why youre testing compression? these motors do tick a little as well as sound like they have a misfire at idle, are you getting any codes? down on power?

69camaro...

Established Member
is the ticking solely why youre testing compression? these motors do tick a little as well as sound like they have a misfire at idle, are you getting any codes? down on power?

its been ticking on and off now for a half a year. I wasn't worried about it until i took it to BBR and they had no idea what it was and recommended to do a compression test. If it checks out good, ill either leave it or see if the dealer can fix whatever it is before my 36k which is in two thousand miles.

No miss fires, no idle issues, no codes, runs like a champ since ive had it. I run the same gas from the same station every week. I dont rev past 6800 when shifting, it hit 7k one time when i missed a gear but thats it. Never been at the track, yet.

It just doesnt sound normal, some days it ticks louder and some days its quiet.

69camaro...

Established Member
ran the test, plugs were amazingly clean. Compression 2-3 degrees apart from 180 on both sides of the block. Time for a tune :)

Much easier to just pull #13 fuse to the fuel pump. Who knows why it ticks though

Thanks guys

mtrsprt

Established Member
On the 2013's, you can't crank the engine without the #13 fuse in place. At least mine wont.

69camaro...

Established Member
It sounds like a header leak with a mixture of who knows what haha. Some days its loud, some its quiet. When i run it a little hard it goes away and its faint. No clue

stang8psi

Established Member
Could be chain guides, Could be the injectors, Could be the AC compressor or belt, could be an exhaust leak, Etc Etc... see how this post is not helpful, well neither is the original thread!
Give a bit more detail when asking questions noob.. sorry had to do it!

69camaro...

Established Member
Could be chain guides, Could be the injectors, Could be the AC compressor or belt, could be an exhaust leak, Etc Etc... see how this post is not helpful, well neither is the original thread!
Give a bit more detail when asking questions noob.. sorry had to do it!

It only took a minute to check your posting history as well and realize you like to post irrelevant threads asking "noob" questions. Please why bother posting in here.

Having people learn to check their plugs and running compression tests on their motors before and after throwing tunes on their cars is quite beneficial. If you dont think so, you know nothing about nothing. Knowing the health of your motor is very important, and your 800WHP "goal" can be easily achieved on your stock short block without dishing out on an aftermarket piece:thumbsup:

stang8psi

Established Member
you asked based off a ticking sound which can come from a number of things... If you are asking about doing a compression test based off ticking that is not effecting a motor than you are a dumb ****.. And yea a 800 rwhp on stock block on stock pieces??? you are a f cking idiot! I presume you go play with your scared to add tune to stock car self!!

Last edited:

69camaro...

Established Member
you asked based off a ticking sound which can come from a number of things... If you are asking about doing a compression test based off ticking that is not effecting a motor than you are a dumb ****.. And yea a 800 rwhp on stock block on stock pieces??? you are a f cking idiot! I presume you go play with your scared to add tune to stock car self!!

You don't get it...You never will. Anyways

stang8psi

Established Member
ok ok.. I don't get it but yet You asked about a ticking sound and than presummed it be best not to take it to dealer instead do a compression test because you want a tune? Yet I have built my car and the motor but I don't get it, but yet you don't know how to do a compression test? but better yet one based off a ticking sound that you have no idea why or where it is coming from. But I am the one who doesn't get it!!! you are adding nothing to this forum but waste!

If you have a question You should have 1st Searched! The answer is probably already there!
2.Go to mustang forums. They ask alot of your same questions, (based off your name search)

Last edited:

69camaro...

Established Member
ok ok.. I don't get it but yet You asked about a ticking sound and than presummed it be best not to take it to dealer instead do a compression test because you want a tune? Yet I have built my car and the motor but I don't get it, but yet you don't know how to do a compression test? but better yet one based off a ticking sound that you have no idea why or where it is coming from. But I am the one who doesn't get it!!! you are adding nothing to this forum but waste!

If you have a question You should have 1st Searched! The answer is probably already there!
2.Go to mustang forums. They ask alot of your same questions, (based off your name search)

What is the first thing you would do to your motor if you thought there was a problem? hmmmm maybe check your plugs?? Or wait, maybe run a leak down or comp test?? Or you just drop it off to the shop that does all your installs and cut them a fat check. Better yet, your also contradicting what a performance shop recommend i do before throwing a tune on the car. Buddy, your car is a dyno queen just looking for numbers. If you hear ticking/knocking/pinging and can't figure out from the exterior of the motor, you start diagnosing the internal. Go throw a built short block into your car so you can putt's around town acting cool. You have no idea what you want or what your doing. Your just going to be another person on this forum posting a thread about his cool new build that no one gives two shits about. I don't want to deal with the dealer if i don't have too. I'm taking my own steps by making sure the motor is healthy before tuning it. Go troll somewhere else:bash:

stang8psi

Established Member
^^ HA HA HA... You are a retard. /thread
putts can't even manage to run his car at the track, or manage to diag his own car from a COMMON KNOWN TICK!

Build something ****er than come on here with your 74 posts and provide this community with something other than little kid remarks..

Oh and I'll oh shit wait I did build a motor (with my own two hands) that you will Obviously never understand how it works let alone be able to put back together if you ever ran into a real problem. and 2 you have a stock car that is getting ready to get a tune talking shit.. Really trap in the 130's and than report back! Dyno queen lol if I was than I guess my lowest number 640rwhp is really boasting... man I forgot that the car put down 680 on a dynojet with race gas.... Damn I forgot because my car is a dyno queen... f.cking idiot..

69camaro...

Established Member
^^ HA HA HA... You are a retard. /thread
putts can't even manage to run his car at the track, or manage to diag his own car from a COMMON KNOWN TICK!

Build something ****er than come on here with your 74 posts and provide this community with something other than little kid remarks..

Oh and I'll oh shit wait I did build a motor (with my own two hands) that you will Obviously never understand how it works let alone be able to put back together if you ever ran into a real problem. and 2 you have a stock car that is getting ready to get a tune talking shit.. Really trap in the 130's and than report back! Dyno queen lol if I was than I guess my lowest number 640rwhp is really boasting... man I forgot that the car put down 680 on a dynojet with race gas.... Damn I forgot because my car is a dyno queen... f.cking idiot..

Facepalm. I feel like im talking to a young kid with a ego the size of his rwhp numbers. Moving along

Users who are viewing this thread