Computer purchase help. Dell Vs HP

holtsch

Established Member
I have always built mine and it's the best way to go. I did recently buy a HP laptop and 3 days before the warranty expired it crashed. HP replaced it ONLY after I discovered on line that they had shipped 1000's of laptops with defective motherboards. The local Best Buy manager went to bat for me over this issue. Next laptop will be Alienware or a MAC.

doesn't Dell own Alienware now?

No problems with my XPS so far. I've also got a Dell desktop and have had 0 problems with it. Before that I had a HP desktop. Only problem I had with that was the hard drive fried......twice. Overall, I would buy either one again.

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
Ive used about 3 dells so far, I will be buying another one in a few months.

I havent had any problems with them desktops or laptops. I also bought them all from delloutlet.com. I did have a bad desktop but I just sent it back and ordered a different one, no problems.

Other then that mishap the pc's they make have been reliable, also get you a xps. Its more pc then you will ever need and you can get them for next to nothing from delloutlet.com

AzDropTop

Established Member
You guys are not going to believe this, but I bought an iMac. I'm as surprised as you are, believe me. So far I'm liking it. The 20" monitor is crystal clear and takes up minimal space. 2gb RAM, 320 HD, 2.66 processor. Paid much less than I was planning on with the PC and got a free HP printer. I have a few compatibility issues here and there, but so far I'm impressed. Flame suit is on so flame away. LOL

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Just a suggestion.... but those of you looking into purchasing a Dell might want to think about shopping via the Dell outlet store. You can get WAY more PC for your money there. Yes these are refurbished systems returned by other customers, but they come with the full factory warranty. I got a mega gaming system (XPS 720 H2C) and saved over $1000!!!

U.M.

http://www.dell.com/outlet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread