Confused on which plugs I will need

mj8

Established Member
I am currently running TR6s with my 2.76 and Steig Eaton and seeing around 13 psi. If I run the 2.93 upper and 6lb lower I should theoretically see around 16+ psi, do I need to jump down one range colder. I have been told I need to run the IT-22s, the TR7ix, the TR6s or BR7s....which range do I need. Oh yea what gap would be good as well?

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I think you would be ok with the TR6's. I was running them and switched to the TR7ix's. It seems to run smoother and possibly stronger. And they are cheaper than the other iridiums. I run them at .34. It all depends on what you can get away with without blowout.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with the TR6s. Great plug, even though I personally used Densos.

mj8

Established Member
At what boost level do you have to switch to a colder plug? I mean theoretically I could see 17psi with this setup and the TR6 seems to be getting all the votes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You really need to experiment to get the right heat range for your particular setup. I know with the Denso plugs it is recommended to go one step colder at around 14 lbs. boost. I went one range colder at 15 lbs. (Densos). Being a different type of plug I'm sure the heat range change is different with the TR6 plug. I do notice, though, that the TR6 works with a broader boost range than some of the other plugs. I would just try the TR6s and see how they work. Check them after a few hundred miles.

Users who are viewing this thread