Congrats IRONTERP - [email protected]

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Dwight (ironterp) was "Iron"ing it out at the track today - each run got better & better and he's now in elite company with a [email protected], T-56, IRS, ported eaton power!!!!

Congrats...:beer:

[B
timeslip.jpg

DSC_04805x7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Thanks folks! Finally!!!! Been working for this goal for 2 years now. Thanks to everyone for all there help and advice along the way, especially Hisssnsvt, JRS BLOWN SNAKE, Antex, Almo, and TRBO VNM.

Great weather with temps in the 60's and only about 30 cars racing at the NVMC's May track rental at Mason Dixon. Absolutely NO waiting in line and could stage with IC reservoir full to the brim with ice!

Only changes from my last trip were about 70 more lbs of weight reduction, (race weight = 3,680 lbs), and the addition of Bogart D-10's with MT Drag Fronts with Hoosier 28" full slicks in the back for my last two passes.

1) 11.157 @ 126.54 w/ 1.627 60' (26" ET Streets)
2) 11.146 @ 129.94 w/ 1.664 60' (26" ET Streets)
3) 11.050 @ 130.28 w/ 1.634 60' (28" Hoosier Full Slicks)
4) 10.990 @ 130.39 w/ 1.637 60' (28" Hoosier Full Slicks)

Was really hoping for some mid 1.5 60' times and still need to start power shifting this thing! But, the car is making nice power and ran well all day.

Just the basics:
Stage IV Ported Eaton
2.90/6 lb combo
MAC long tubes
Accufab TB/plenum
Spec 3+ clutch w/ steel flywheel
A/F = 11.6+/- Timing = 25 degrees w/ 101 octane

Last edited:

MrRob96fs

U like them spinnin tires
Established Member
Thanks folks! Finally!!!! Been working for this goal for 2 years now. Thanks to everyone for all there help and advice along the way, especially Hisssnsvt, JRS BLOWN SNAKE, Antex, Almo, and TRBO VNM.

Great weather with temps in the 60's and only about 30 cars racing at the NVMC's May track rental at Mason Dixon. Absolutely NO waiting in line and could stage with IC reservoir full to the brim with ice!

Only changes from my last trip were about 70 more lbs of weight reduction, (race weight = 3,680 lbs), and the addition of Bogart D-10's with MT Drag Fronts with Hoosier 28" full slicks in the back for my last two passes.

1) 11.157 @ 126.54 w/ 1.627 60' (26" ET Streets)
2) 11.146 @ 129.94 w/ 1.664 60' (26" ET Streets)
3) 11.050 @ 130.28 w/ 1.634 60' (28" Hoosier Full Slicks)
4) 10.990 @ 130.39 w/ 1.637 60' (28" Hoosier Full Slicks)

Was really hoping for some mid 1.5 60' times and still need to start power shifting this thing! But, the car is making nice power and ran well all day.

:lol: Sounds like Ironterp is a NASCAR driver doing an after race interview in victory lane. Congrats on the 10 second slip man!

Almo

Established Member
Congrats in a huge way! That is awesome and well deserved from the hard work and continues effort having been put forth. :rockon:

If I was to think back on anyone setting forth a goal and finally reaching it with such an exciting effort, it would be yourself. I think I am just excited if not more excited having seen you finally get your 10. :banana:

:beer:

Cheers,
Allen

Venimus

Established Member
I would not have believed it if I didn't see it myself. That car runs like a monster. I swear there must be something in the engine I am not seeing :dw:

I ran against Dwight that pass and you can imagine my disappointment when I am out trapped by a ported Eaton after having just replaced mine with a KB 2.6H! My hat is off to you, Dwight. If only you didn't fall asleep at the tree :sleeping: you would have crushed me (jk).

We could all learn alot from you. Keep up the good work.

BTW - for those that are interested, here is the time slip. I tried to cut a perfect light to get the $50 prize for best reaction and redlighted - Dwight left, umm, awhile later..
timeslip.jpg

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Totally appreciate all the kind words........And Allen, you of all people, knew how bad I wanted to break that barrier. Thanks for all your help and encouragement along the way.

Rick, thanks for posting the time slip!!! I was so intent on getting the launch right, that I did indeed sleep on the tree! Your Cobra has TONS of potential, believe me....... That rear tire adjustment will bring that KB alive!

wheelhopper

Established Member
Nice job Dwight.

Guess I better step up my quarter mile driving. I have not improved on my PB in over a year. Lets hope for a nice day at the MACA/F body shootout.

musclefan21

Established Member
WTF? 130mph with ported eaton???? also, am i seeing 83mph on 1/8 mile?? :??:

great job irontemp!:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread