Considering 2013 GT500.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Hey guys,

I came across a 13 with every option and 1800 miles I can get into for pretty cheap, but I am just a little bit unsure if I want to make the move. I current have a 2013 Boss 302. It's a good car, however I have had issues with the transmission, the decals and the paint looks as if it was applied with a marker. I am kind of unhappy with the car so I am at the point where do I just keep the boss, buy a magnum XL trans and fix what I don't like and add some power or do I jump ship?

I don't really drag race much, I am big into circuit style racing but I can't get to track days as much as I would like to. Been once with my car and I loved it, work hours just don't permit it and I don't see them doing so to much in the future. I would probably turbo my boss and add a transmission to help, most of my fun is just highway pulls with friends. With minor upgrades how does the 500 do around the track? I know it won't pull 8000rpm with a tune like the boss will. Also what are the power limits before I need to get inside the motor or worry about it? Basic rookie questions but rather than YouTube or car and driver I like to hear it from owners.

efroeh

Established Member
The gt500 is a great machine for circuit racing I know guysare doing different brake fluid and if your doing it lots pads and rotors. The car can be takin to tons of power quick search will give you lots of info. I just did a 13-5 kit from van at revan racing car is quick from factory but with this 700hp at the wheels from just a simple up grade with a upper pulley is hard to beat. Also you get the heritage of it being a shelby. I say switch you wont regret it.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
In my opinion, if you are going down the route to turbo your Boss and if you are contemplating swapping out to a better transmission, you might as well make the move to the Shelby which is engineered for 660hp. Adding gobs of power to a car rated from the factory at 450hp will make you end up upgrading other components to match the new found power. If highway pulls are your thrills, then the GT500 is your huckleberry! I am coming from a 560rwhp C6 Z06 and do not regret one bit.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Having tracked my '13 GT500 in stock form, I think you will have a hard time wiping the grin off your face. It's a completely different animal than the Boss. It sucks up asphalt without even breaking a sweat. The power band and gears just seem to make the scenery outside the window casually melt away while you feel like you haven't even begun to dip into the throttle yet. It's highly deceiving. The car is solid on a road course and is a joy to drive. Having driven a Boss I can say I definitely was painfully aware of the torque difference.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Not a boss but I went from a 2014 5.0 GT to a 2014 GT500 and don't miss the GT at all. The Shelby is incredible.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I traded my 2012 Boss 302 for the Shelby, do not regret it...I never had any issues with the Boss (very solid car and the handling was very precise), and when I was with your same train of thought in that I needed more power I decided to go with the Shelby and just max it out. The limit on the Shelby is relative on to how you drive and what you do with the car, 93oct or E85, daily driver or weekender...I am going to try to make 840-850 RWHP and just leave it there.

Hope this helps,

Manuel

IMG_8243_zps50554e5e.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread