Considering selling my 2010 GT500 wheels/tires

Mbiro594

Established Member
I'm considering selling my stock 2010 GT500 wheels with Eagle F1s and was wondering what a fair price for them would be?

One wheel has a small scuff on it but otherwise in excellent shape. Tires have only 6k miles on them and we're not abused.

Appreciate the help!
f299d7b8739387c55f3cb07251e24a73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I've listed mine for sale several times with nearly brand new (Less than 250 miles on all 4 tires) ET Streets on the rears and Bridgestone Potenzas in the front ($1,400 in tires alone). I've listed them for $1,000 and didn't get any bites. I'm just hanging on to them for rollers or in the event that someone comes out of the woodwork in the future. I'm sending my Weld's out to get beadlocked this week so they're at least coming in handy for that.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Hey, what exact sizes are the wheels, and tires? I'm looking for 18's, but those wheels look bigger................

ponyboy96

Established Member
If you're on the stock tires still then they will need to be replaced. You shouldn't run tires more than 5 years. I have a 2010 and just had to replace my tires with only 10k miles on them. They were starting to dry rot.

Mbiro594

Established Member
No they are not the original tires, just the same type of tires. This car was in the Mustang Barn collection in Jupiter FL and tires were changed when my dealership purchased it.

I misspoke, it wasn't a scuff. The front passenger wheel looks like the paint/coating is peeled back. Spoke with our rim repair guy and he can fix it for $50 prior to sale if anyone wants to move forward.

I'm replacing with the 19"/20" SVTPP OEM forged wheels.

Pic of damaged wheel:
ca5f17fb428a88c98fd4c92d5fe774f9.jpg

Rear tire size:
24c49b1275be66f274fc394bb8094832.jpg

Front tire size:
9e08092be30084aa4dde4123601851c8.jpg

spectreman

Established Member
I shopped an '09 GT500 from that sale (cuz it's right down the road from me) but the auction house wouldn't budge on the price. One guy said to me that their expectation was the next owner would care for the car in same fashion as the previous owner, in other words, a garage queen. I told them I wanted it for my daily driver and they gasped.

Needless to say, we didn't make a deal.
Lee

Mbiro594

Established Member
Lol that is crazy, our dealership bought 39 of the mustangs bc the owner was losing his sight and wasn't able to appreciate his collection anymore. But from what I've heard your experience makes sense lol

spectreman

Established Member
Yeah, the previous owner of that whole lot was some local/regional restaurant chain millionaire magnate who developed a taste for Stangs starting in the S197 Gen. He tried to acquire a single version of every model from there on. I think he had a total of 70+ Stangs in that barn, almost every one w/near zero miles. He suffered from some type of congenital eye malady where he was going blind and couldn't see anymore.

But the auction house guys took the cake. They talked to me like I was trying to commit evil when all I did was offer them a fair price for the GT500 I wanted. They scoffed and were basically asking what the car sold for brand new back in '09. Truly, they were snobbish clowns.

Glad you were able to make a deal for yours . Buying 39 of them must've been a pretty cool deal.
Lee

spectreman

Established Member
Ya know, now that I'm looking at your car, I'm thinking that may be the one I tried to buy!!! (Yeah, I know it's a '10).

I was close- 69 Stangs. Here's an older AutoGeek video of the place.

Users who are viewing this thread