Contour SVT Flywheel Part Number?

mixtape

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I had a quick question that I was hoping someone might know the answer to. About a year ago I decided to replace my stock OEM SVT flywheel and clutch for an aftermarket Kevlar racing clutch and aluminum flywheel. While it grips much better, it's quite a nuisance to drive (especially in traffic).

I'm probably going to stick with the racing clutch, but the super light flywheel has to go. Unfortunately I cannot find my stock OEM SVT flywheel, so I decided to head to TeamFordParts to order a new flywheel. Though, they list the SVT flywheel as discontinued :(.

I spent about two hours searching online, but I'm having trouble differentiating the non-SVT Duratec flywheel from the SVT Duratec flywheel. Is there anyway who can distinguish the non-SVT part number from the SVT part number?

I found a LUK part number LFW133 flywheel, but there isn't enough information regarding whether or not it's an SVT flywheel or just the regular V6 flywheel. Is there anyway to check what the part number for the SVT flywheel is/was? That way I could possibly track down some new-old-stock. Or, is there someway to see the weight of the LFW133 flywheel?

Stock flywheel=22lbs
SVT=18lbs

Thanks so much!
I really appreciate it

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I have a SHO Shop flywheel sitting around the house. Needs resurfaced. I think its only 15lbs. I put a lighter one when it when I had mine because it wasn't as light as I wanted. I can send you pictures if you are interested.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The Ford part number was F8RZ*6375*AA

Luk numbers do nothing for us, sorry.

I checked our obsolete parts supplier and the national parts locator and I didn't find a single one anywhere.

Last edited:

mixtape

Established Member
Thank you Steve. I appreciate you looking that up for me. I'm actually pretty shocked to hear that they are no longer around. For just under twelve-thousand SVT Contours made, not one OEM SVT flywheel is left :(. Sometimes the exclusivity of owning an SVT isn't a good thing.

Ryan, I've read about those on CEG. Is it the Steel Billet SHO Shop flywheel? That would give quicker revs than stock, but not as much as the Aluminum flywheel. Sounds like a perfect midway point from aluminum and OEM. Did you buy it new? If so, how many times has it be resurfaced before? LOUDSHO92 from SHO Source says that they are good for no more than three resurfacings.

Thanks so much guys!
I really appreciate the responses
Paul

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I believe it is the steel billet one. I don't recall specifics on it. I just remember it wasn't what I wanted and went lighter. PM your email address and I can send you pictures of it this weekend. It needs cleaned up. Its never been resurfaced and has I think probably right around 1000 miles on it. The POS SS clutch I ran with it couldn't handle the 3.0L I built. :)

Stevarino8

Established Member
Yeah, part availability would have to be a consideration for buying a SVTC. When my SVTF is at the Ford dealer they NEVER have the SVTF inventory part available it is always a two-trip repair. One visit to diagnose and the second to fix once the parts come in. It must be even more difficult for SVTC maintenance. The parts bin for the older SVTC must be more limited than the SVTF.

mixtape

Established Member
Yeah, part availability would have to be a consideration for buying a SVTC. When my SVTF is at the Ford dealer they NEVER have the SVTF inventory part available it is always a two-trip repair. One visit to diagnose and the second to fix once the parts come in. It must be even more difficult for SVTC maintenance. The parts bin for the older SVTC must be more limited than the SVTF.
I know exactly what you mean. Owning an exclusive car is great, and definitely makes for some great compliments, but we pay our dues when it comes to repairs.

I had to drive over two states away to pick up some SVT Contour specific parts, and this was a few years ago :uh oh:. I'm sure it's worse now. Plus just a few posts up in this thread, Steve pretty much said that I am out of luck on finding a new stock OEM flywheel for the SVT :(. Plus I hear '98 Contour SVTs have different size brakes than the other year SVTs.

Ford SVTs are definitely not cookie cutter cars :rollseyes.

Users who are viewing this thread