Conv or Coupe?

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by B-O-B'03
What could be more fun that riding around in one of these?

I guese if you live in some god forsaken part of the country wherre white cold things fall from the sky a convertible make less sense.

Preflight check list;

Valentine 1 : check
top down : check
Trac off : check

-B

Fall season: check
Cold weather: check
Convertible: check
Cobra away for the winter: check
Winter beater: CHECK
:-D :-D

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
Fall season: check
Cold weather: check
Convertible: check
Cobra away for the winter: check
Winter beater: CHECK
:-D :-D

I went out of town for a weekend and suffered major withdrawls. I cound not imagine putting it away for the winter.

Cold...You can have it. The hotter it is the less the women wear:-D

I am in for the 3 B's Beaches, Babes and Butt floss :thumbsup:

-B

Goldy

Established Member
Yup, everybody will have an opinion. You'll notice from my sig, I've got two (2) convertibles. (I may be just a bit partial to them.) Both the coupe and vert are good choices. If you're not track'n it, I suggest the convertible. Should you go with the vert, I would strongly recommend stiffening it immediately, sub-frame connectors and strut tower brace at the very least. On mine, I've got all of the Kenny Brown stiffening pieces (strut tower brace, lower chassis brace, super sub-frame connectors, cross matrix bracing, and jacking rails on both the '99 and '03, and a rear-shock tower brace on the '03). Both cars are now rock solid.

I've recently attended a track event and I'm hooked. So much so that I'm considering putting a roll bar in one of my convertibles so I can run it (possibly the '03). I stopped by the Kenny Brown Performance shop yesterday to see what they can do. Kenny Brown is considering fabricating a special roll bar unique for convertibles.

One other note (for what it's worth); the '03 Cobras now come with a very high quality top. Per Ford, the top is now made of the same material as that which they use for the Jaguar convertible and T-bird. To me, the material looks and feels very similar to the Sunbrella fabric used for boat covers.

What ever you decide, you won't go wrong.

Howard
Indy SVTOA chapter director

'99 Cobra Vert; Electric Green w/Black Top
'03 Cobra Vert; Black w/Black Top

Users who are viewing this thread