Convertible Top Issue?

Gabed1972

Established Member
Is anyone else having trouble getting the convertible top to close properly? On mine the latch doesn't line up properly and it is binding. I have to stop just before the latch hits and manually pull the top into alignment?

Any TSB's on this issue?

1TUF14SHELBY

Established Member
When mine is about 2" from latching I have to pull down on it pretty tight to latch. My 05GT before this had a vinyl top and with the button literally closed all the way. I chalked up the Shelby top being very tight to both to the fact it's new and that the cloth top may just have less stretch in it.

Joraft

Established Member
I also have to pull down when closing. My '14 top also doesn't sit as low in the back when down as my '09's top.

Same here. I use the power to bring it close, then align, pull down and latch. I also don't like the way the top sits when open, but once the boot is on I think it looks great.

The whole opening/closing process seemed awkward at first, but with a little practice it has become quick and easy. I haven't driven a convertible in a long time and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

mwilson6192

Established Member
I have a 2014 Shelby vert and I have the same issues. However, my alignment is fine. The motor close mechanism brings the top to within about an inch, and then I have to manually pull the top to the weatherstripping and latch the top securely.

Again, I have the same issue as has been described here but I have zero alignment issues.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
My 99 vert was like that. The rental car 13 v6 I had recently was a well. I think it's common

mikejaeggi

Established Member
I have a 2014 Shelby vert and I have the same issues. However, my alignment is fine. The motor close mechanism brings the top to within about an inch, and then I have to manually pull the top to the weatherstripping and latch the top securely.

Again, I have the same issue as has been described here but I have zero alignment issues.

same here, just the way the vert top is.

Gabed1972

Established Member
same here, just the way the vert top is.

My 2007 shelby gt500 closed perfectly. My buddy's 2014 GT's Top isn't binding. I think they were not installed or adjusted properly. Mine was made after the factory reopened in August. Wondering if this May have been missed in the quality control check before it was sent to the dealer?

ponygirl06

Established Member
I have to pull much harder to get my 2014 fabric top closed than I did with my 2006 GT's vinyl top. When my Shelby was new the top was very hard to close, to the point that I almost couldn't get it closed, but it loosened up after a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread