Convince my dad to buy a cobra.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Do it while you can. The cops leave us old people alone on the highway. However, I wouldn't let any teenagers drive my car. They would kill themselves with the power.

Torch[/QUOTE]

You old guys kill me with the power HAHA its you guys that scare me.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
The cars are an absolute blast, after the first drive I had to have one. Gotta love that torque and the blower sounds like a jet coming on.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
That Bense is a Girly car, the GOGO dancer that lived down the street from me had one :pepper: . I never thought a guy would have one :eek:

My dad just bought a 2004 Convertible and loves it, BTW he just turned 60. He has a 1972 Mach 1 and I have a 2003 Mach 1.

Don't get me wrong, a Mercedes is a nice car, I'd like to have one but it would be an AMG.

If you don't want the Cobra at least get something manly

03RedCobra

Established Member
03yellow said:
Whenever a middle age guy (like myself) pulls up next to my cobra as it rumbles down the road: I can see him thinking ......man I could have bought that car!

Nope most old guys get the car that their wife wants them to get! you know one thats nice and a little sporty.

This is a real mans muscle car. A car that runs 10s with reasonable mods! A car that everyone looks at!

So heres what your gonna do dad: your going to get another expensive somewhat sporty car or a truck. The only thing worse than a sad looking middle age guy in a somewhat sporty car is the middle age guy who dumped 50,000+ into a truck because his wife said she would go along with it!

Whenever I fire up my car in the morning it says ....you work hard, you deserve me. Then I wake up the neighbors and hit the track to work.

Come on dad, you work hard get the car you've always wanted. Anyone can buy the sucessful businessman car. What you want is muscle! That same car you wanted but never could aford (a ford)when you were a kid.
Guess what .... you can buy it now!!!

Man, I swear, that sounds JUST like a commercial !!! You should send that script into someone and get it turned into a commercial for the 2007 Cobra !!!

TK Doom

Established Member
I own both (although mine is a SLK320), and I would not compare either car.

If I was a father (I am married though), I would probably own neither.

I think the SLK320 is a better car, but I've always wanted a Cobra, that is why I have one, plus work pays for part of it.

It would be very difficult, in my mind, to convince an SLK owner to buy a Cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ModsAway said:
Two totally different creatures. Prepare to give up the "comforts" of your benz and only do so if you would rather enjoy the FUN of the cobra.
Exactly. The Benz is in a whole different league quality wise. Honestly if I had to choose between the two for a daily driver I'd go with the Benz. The Cobra is like Sylvester Stallone, let's face it. The Benz is, well, Fred Astaire. LOL! But if you like muscle with an attitude, the Cobra will give you plenty of that. Just be prepared to accept the built-in quirks that are well documented on this forum. Because you will definitely have days you'll want to pull your hair out and might just second-guess your decision. Good luck Dad! Think it over very carefully before you let your son talk you into it. And let's face it, if you buy that Cobra I doubt you'll even get to see it very much. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread