Cool 01, too good to be true?

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
I'm buying a complete motor/tranny/custom turbo kit/intercooler/fuel system to swap into my 01 cobra. He says it has every nut, bolt, clamp, hose, etc I would need for the entire build. The whole thing has been setup in a gt but was never tuned. I can also buy a built 8.8 for extra if I want. It just seems way to good to be true. I trust him and have mutual friends that vouch for him but I'm paranoid ever since I went 6k over budget building a 2v. I was inexperienced and rushed it though..

Anyways anything special I should know about that maybe my friend doesn't know I will need for the swap? He has k-members, coilovers, brembo kit, I can get as well. He's wanting 8.5k for everything so I don't want to pass this up.

Block was a brand new teskid block
Forged eagle crank
Bored .60 over
Eagle h-beams
JE forged pistons
Ford racing cams
Mmr oil pan
Arp studs
Cosmetic gasket
Ported/polished/ flow matched heads
Accufab throttle body
Solid motor mounts
Bad ass aluminum radiator
Aero motive a1000 fuel system
Twin Walbro fuel pumps 255's
Aero motive fuel rails
Complete custom turbo kit
80lb injectors
Strip terminator 4r70w trans
Freshly rebuilt
New red clutches
Reverse manual valve body
Trans brake
I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing I can't remember
kbrfon.jpg

rrmsza.jpg

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I'm buying a complete motor/tranny/custom turbo kit/intercooler/fuel system to swap into my 01 cobra. He says it has every nut, bolt, clamp, hose, etc I would need for the entire build. The whole thing has been setup in a gt but was never tuned. I can also buy a built 8.8 for extra if I want. It just seems way to good to be true. I trust him and have mutual friends that vouch for him but I'm paranoid ever since I went 6k over budget building a 2v. I was inexperienced and rushed it though..

Anyways anything special I should know about that maybe my friend doesn't know I will need for the swap? He has k-members, coilovers, brembo kit, I can get as well. He's wanting 8.5k for everything so I don't want to pass this up.

Block was a brand new teskid block
Forged eagle crank
Bored .60 over
Eagle h-beams
JE forged pistons
Ford racing cams
Mmr oil pan
Arp studs
Cosmetic gasket
Ported/polished/ flow matched heads
Accufab throttle body
Solid motor mounts
Bad ass aluminum radiator
Aero motive a1000 fuel system
Twin Walbro fuel pumps 255's
Aero motive fuel rails
Complete custom turbo kit
80lb injectors
Strip terminator 4r70w trans
Freshly rebuilt
New red clutches
Reverse manual valve body
Trans brake
I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing I can't remember
kbrfon.jpg

rrmsza.jpg

.060 over teksid errrrr I wouldn't, crank is crap, rods are crap, pistons are could be questionable you need more info on them, aluminum radiators aren't always bad ass and can bring a lot of problems unless you really know about how to maintain them, that waste gate is in the worst possible orientation to the flow of air.

I would hold off and wait for a better set up. You're barely getting your moneys worth, if not paying too much for this.

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
He said he just doesn't have enough money. I know there was a kennebell on it when he bought it, then he traded for the turbo setup.

So you really don't think that it's built well? Everything listed was bought by one person who sold it to him for his company and truck trailer. I just had a feeling it's too good to be true. If this setup isn't worth it then I will probably end up selling my car honestly. If I can't go big then I'm just giving up on having a fast car until I make some real money.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you have $8500 to buy all this stuff then you can do some stuff to your car. FWIW I have Eagle rods in my motor and they're still inside the block. As for the overbore it might worth double checking.

Didn't you just get this car?

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
No I've had my 01 cobra, got it at 40k miles and now it has 99k. That picture is a pic of the setup I was buying, it's still in my friends car right now. I was going to swap over the entire setup into mine. I just know that that engine with mods should be worth around 13k, so why hasn't he been able to sell it? Maybe he just hasn't tried that hard.. IDK.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm on a work computer. So I can't see the pics. Would he be willing to part the motor and tranny since you don't want an auto?

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
No I do want the auto! I would like this entire setup in my car but I want to make sure it's worth it.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Off topic you have a 4r70w worth 7k? Someone bent you over hard. I have about 4k less than that in the trans and converter both that are behind my 1000hp motor.

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
???

Off topic you have a 4r70w worth 7k? Someone bent you over hard. I have about 4k less than that in the trans and converter both that are behind my 1000hp motor.
I'm going off what the website says it would cost to build it. And I got a built 04 motor/tranny/rear end/turbo kit/aeromotive a1000 fuel system/radiator/coil overs/built 8.8 SRA/intercooler system/brembo kit for 8.5k

snakeraper11b

Established Member
???

I'm going off what the website says it would cost to build it. And I got a built 04 motor/tranny/rear end/turbo kit/aeromotive a1000 fuel system/radiator/coil overs/built 8.8 SRA/intercooler system/brembo kit for 8.5k

I asked competition something but I answered my own question before he got to it.

Users who are viewing this thread