Cool!!! New 450hp HD F150

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Cool truck but way out of my budget. Might make a few Lightning owners happy though:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
That truck looks quite familiar.

And yes, $44K is cheap for that truck. Consider what you get for $35K nowadays.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
32V NACobra said:
Cool truck but way out of my budget. Might make a few Lightning owners happy though:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Make it lower, lighter, and a reg cab then :rockon:

Until then :bored:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I like it. The only thing is it would be nice if you could pick and choose your truck to have the $6700 option added to it. I like the Harley a lot, but likely some of the options you can forego in effort to keep the price down. Also, is there another color other than black?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just don't waste your money on a Roush. Unless you have money to waste.

203Cree

Established Member
Too tall, too long and too heavy without the power to back it up. I'll enjoy embarassing the shit out of the owners with my lowley 2G.

sick408dakr/t

Established Member
For anyone who does not think 44K is too much, remember when you talked sh*t about the srt-10 ram which is way better than that fat pig. What, 5500lbs give or take with a little ass motor and blower. No thanks.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Most people buy practical trucks nowadays. How many standard cab F-150s do we see on any given day? For that matter, how many extended cab F-150s do we see? People still want respectible power, but not at the expense of it just being suitable for a personal play toy. There are exceptions, but the majority will load their families in a truck like this with no concern if it'll run with a Lightning, SRT-10 or similar.

Ford is fulfilling a desire for more power and doing it now without having to wait around for the 'Boss' to make its debut. In some aspects, this supercharged 5.4L is needed more so than the SRT-10 Quad Cab was for the majority of buyers. Ram buyers in recent years have had the Hemi that gave better acceleration than the Triton had. Ford's increased weight and tepid acceleration characteristics have been a focal point for critics. With the Saleen blower, much of these complaints can be squished. The problem is if this option is only available for the Harley model, you've got circumstances where once again dealers will put premiums on these models and buyers will be limited to Harley colors and interior trim they may not want for the asking price. Ford needs mainstream power and this is a good solution for the time being. It just needs to be offered on a slightly wider scale.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Also, is there another color other than black?

There's a dark plum color also that looks sort of black until light hits it.

With the Saleen blower, much of these complaints can be squished. The problem is if this option is only available for the Harley model, you've got circumstances where once again dealers will put premiums on these models and buyers will be limited to Harley colors and interior trim they may not want for the asking price. Ford needs mainstream power and this is a good solution for the time being. It just needs to be offered on a slightly wider scale.

You can get any F150 supercharged by Ford, they have it in the Ford Racing catalog, you just have to let the dealer know when you buy the truck. I believe the other model Ford offers is the FX2 which has this same setup in an extended cab with a body kit, 20'' wheels and S/C. It's Ford's lame attempt for a Lightning substitution. This HD is perfect though, you get 450hp/500tq and the ability to cary 4 passengers comfortably and in style. If I had the dough I'd have one.

Lightningfr

Banned
hmmmm is lightning coming back soon..

how hard can it be to get a new 5.4 3v whipple it upgraded tranny bigger rear end monster brakes and bitchn suspension..
GRRRRR

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my friend bought the new HD (non s/c) crew cab awd when it first hit the dealership floor. paid around $50k for it with mark-up. cant imagine what the s/c version will actually go for.

sdharley03

Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
There's a dark plum color also that looks sort of black until light hits it.

You can get any F150 supercharged by Ford, they have it in the Ford Racing catalog, you just have to let the dealer know when you buy the truck. I believe the other model Ford offers is the FX2 which has this same setup in an extended cab with a body kit, 20'' wheels and S/C. It's Ford's lame attempt for a Lightning substitution. This HD is perfect though, you get 450hp/500tq and the ability to cary 4 passengers comfortably and in style. If I had the dough I'd have one.

Those numbers are far from the rear wheel numbers. There was a stage 3 roush rated at those exact same numbers (450/500) and it dynod at 342 hp and 400 ft torque at the wheels. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread