Coolant Reservoir leaking

FatalBite

Established Member
My coolant has been leaking for awhile now, changed 3 thermostats,3 caps, and a new reservoir. Its like the engine is pushing it out what could be wrong?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
your first post? welcome

but what is the history of the car? did you buy it new, etc.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
where is it leaking from? what kind of resevoir do you have on the car?

FatalBite

Established Member
i bought it with 4600 miles it has 10500 now and is leaking from the cap area. The history of the car is just scheduled maintence i have dont the basic cobra mods but it was leaking very little before the mods then one day it just poured out and caused it to over heat been to dealer twice

cloz1121

New to site; not the game
Established Member
did you "burp" the system? This happened to me not too long ago...coolant reservoir cap started to leak after a hard run. I drained the entire system: radiator and thermostat housing then refilled it thru the fill plug on the crossover bar in front of blower with a small funnel until the reservoir was almost full. Replaced the cap with a new one and haven't had any problems yet. Hope this helps

FatalBite

Established Member
fan works , cars been burped by me the dealer on a machine dont know what to do!

Did you try a new coolant reservoir? The plastic stock ones suck. I had one fail on my 01 Cobra and my 03 Cobra.

Did you ever overheat or has it been just pushing from the cap? And if you did overheat, did you ever replace the reservoir tank prior to reburping the system?

Users who are viewing this thread