Cooler help

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
What size are you looking at? If you haven't yet, look into the Lifetime 55 quart cooler. $97 @ Wal-Mart and stacks up to the expensive brands that cost 1.5-2x the cost as far as ice retention goes. Certified bear resistant at Yellowstone, which is a huge deal for cooler companies (even though it probably doesn't matter much to you being in Florida). Just saying it is a high quality unit for a fraction of the cost of those other two. Downside is it is only available in one color so far. They are working on additional colors for the future though.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey-90820/850043843

Myusername

Established Member
What size are you looking at? If you haven't yet, look into the Lifetime 55 quart cooler. $97 @ Wal-Mart and stacks up to the expensive brands that cost 1.5-2x the cost as far as ice retention goes. Certified bear resistant at Yellowstone, which is a huge deal for cooler companies (even though it probably doesn't matter much to you being in Florida). Just saying it is a high quality unit for a fraction of the cost of those other two. Downside is it is only available in one color so far. They are working on additional colors for the future though.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey-90820/850043843

I’m looking at the 45qt ones possibly the larger ones too. I saw the lifetime but could not find any info or reviews on them.
Do you have one?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I’m looking at the 45qt ones possibly the larger ones too. I saw the lifetime but could not find any info or reviews on them.
Do you have one?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I don't have one yet, but I will be purchasing one before summer hits. I actually work for Lifetime which is why I even know the cooler exists.

The only reason we got into the cooler business is because we do a lot of business with Wal-Mart and they challenged us to make a cooler that would compete with the Yeti @ a $100 price point. Coolers wasn't even something on our radar before. Interesting bit of info for anyone that cares.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don't have one yet, but I will be purchasing one before summer hits. I actually work for Lifetime which is why I even know the cooler exists.

The only reason we got into the cooler business is because we do a lot of business with Wal-Mart and they challenged us to make a cooler that would compete with the Yeti @ a $100 price point. Coolers wasn't even something on our radar before. Interesting bit of info for anyone that cares.

It looks pretty good. Send me one and I'll review it on the site.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Seeing most bears are smarter than me, no thanks after that discouraging video.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Canyon coolers outperform yeti significantly and are $100ish cheaper. It was a necessity to find one that would hold ice the longest and this was the winner by far.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
lol I guess cheap is relative.

The DC one would be used as a secondary fridge/freezer on the boat. We can always use more cold storage on a long trip.

Whatever one has the best hinges and latches, cheap coolers suck mainly for those two reasons.

I forget the brand, but there is one that uses commonly available boat latch hardware. I like that.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Seeing most bears are smarter than me, no thanks after that discouraging video.

Lol, the cooler is padlocked before the test starts. They remove all the rope handles and latches before putting it in so the bears don't choke on them.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Can't put the Yeti sticker on the back of your lifted pickup if you only got a RTIC though.....

Users who are viewing this thread