Cooler Protection

95R#177

Established Member
Anyone have a good source for metal mesh that fits the front bumper openings--protecting the radiator and oil cooler? At Pueblo, I ended up behind a guy shedding his tires. ;(

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
95R#177 said:
Anyone have a good source for metal mesh that fits the front bumper openings--protecting the radiator and oil cooler? At Pueblo, I ended up behind a guy shedding his tires. ;(

Shane:

Any good hardware store should have what you're looking for? I used 1/2" hardware cloth. Don't use an expanded metal. It blocks too much air flow. Don't ask me how I know that? :read:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
another good point is to mount it ahead of the cooler....that way, when tire junk, bugs, weeds, grass, chipmunks, etc contact it, there is still a gap for air to get to the cooler rather than mounting it on the cooler....same goes for the radiator....

b4409

Established Member
I just bought some 1/2" chicken wire type stuff that I saw on Bruce's car. After straightening the cooler with a screwdriver for a while, it took about 10 minutes to put in - forced btw the bumper and the foam and tied down with the splitter mounts. Works like a champ. I have a bunch extra - free - local pickup only :)

Users who are viewing this thread