Cooling a Tech pack on the track

cluscher

Established Member
I may have missed it, but the limp mode video did not seem to mention cat removal?? I know the Lethal Car ran all day without cats. Correct me if necessary.

I will be at TWS in April to test the scoop, I am very optimistic still :)

Yes, the guy who created the video is on a couple of other forums and he made it clear he got an off-road pipe and was hoping the cat removal would provide some benefit.....it didn't. We look forward to hearing about your scoop.

Established Member
I made it out to TWS today. Scoop did not help either, I am going to talk to Ford dealer to get some help.

Rick

Snoopy49

Established Member
I went and looked at the GT350 0wners supplement as well as one for a '13 Boss 302.

GT350 TR3160 - 2.5 quarts

Boss 302 MT82 - 2.75 quarts

Interesting that the Gt350 manual lists additional capacity if the vehicle is equipped with a rear axle oil cooler but does not for the transmission. There has to be additional fluid on R and Track Pack model TR3160's over the base or Tech Pack GT350's.

Tob,
Thanks for the links to the manual supplements.
Love the instrumentation screens available, I wish the GT500 had those.

I found this interesting.
Timing Chain
If you use your vehicle extensively at a race track or at high rpm, it is possible to exceed the service life of the engine timing chain. A wrench indicator light will illuminate when it is time for you to replace your chain. See an authorized dealer.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Tob,
Didn't you order the factory service manual for your car? If so, when you get it, check and see what it has to say about the transmission oil quantity requirements.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
One of the guys on 6G bought and mounted a cooler setup on his tech pack. Ran fine at the track all day. The cost wasn't super high and the install wasn't too difficult.

Lemers

Established Member
Still waiting on word from Ford Performance concerning a transmission cooler.

-------------------------------------------------
2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 April (Kaiserslautern, Germany), under MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread