Cooling Thoughts

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Hot topic of the day for me is cooling.

I want to keep the car running as cool as possible due to its known heat issues. 24k miles and it has the tick/metal chirping I believe - engine build date of 8/29/2002. It will never see the track with me, maybe 5K a year daily so no real immediate concern but I will eventually upgrade the heat exchanger and the supercharger to the VMP Gen 2 - 600hp goal

I’m the second owner and it came with some tasteful upgrades here and there.

What would the head cooling mod look like under the hood? Want to see if I have it - if not I’ll throw in the Lethal Gen2 Head cooling mod while the S/C is being swapped one day.

I’ve also seen photos of other cobras and Whaaaat am I looking at in the photo here and would I need it?

IMG_1431.JPG

Caseindaplace

Established Member

Nice.

So in the picture

Left side
Supercharger Coolant Tank - stronger, more capacity and able to pack in ice - won’t hurt to have but not necessary at the moment for me.

Right of that
Expansion tank - stronger than stock plastic, might as well get it when you get the new coolant tank.

And HCM- look for a tube behind the S/C towards the firewall in the back of the engine which plumbs coolant to flow from bad #7 & #8

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread