Cop shoots dog (again)

mr2cam

Established Member
I would have maced them or tried to taze them or something.. It was obviously the owners fault and it sucks that the dog had to pay for that.. The video is very sad.. I have only been around a few pits (one did try to bite me when I was a kid) but I think they are misunderstood dogs :(.

speedster356

Established Member
wow, this stuff sucks to see......

+1 i would have shot off a warning shot or two. But then again maybe the pups woulda ran somewhere else and ate one of your kids.

:/

Azure Mach1

Established Member
Pits are dangerous dogs.
There are just as many people who own other breeds but you don’t hear of them mauling people on a regular basis.
When is the last time you heard of a lab mauling someone? Do you want to get more close to a guard dog? Then how often do boxers maul people? Sure it happens but not as often as pits and the boxer is one of the most popular dog breeds in the U.S so there are plenty of them out there.
I don’t want this to turn into a racial post but here goes anyway. In my city most pits are owned by the black community in the city and the white trash in the county. They own these dogs because they think having aggressive dogs lends them some sort of street credit, not because they are sweet animals that you have to mistreat and work hours to train to be vicious.
I have an American Bulldog and when I walk him all I get are questions from the same type of people who own pits on what type of dog he is and where they can get one. My dog is sweet but at 120 pounds looks mean and is big. These people are after the look and think he is aggressive just based on his look. I tell them he is a mutt.
When I see this video I think “One less dangerous dog in my city”. I also think the owner should be fined heavily or put in jail for leaving these animals behind but we don’t seem ready to jail people for mistreating dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread