Corrective eye procedure

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I couldn’t multi quote from my phone.

Had my 5 day post appointment today. Ended up with 20/20 both eyes. The right had a hard time focusing since they just removed the contact that morning. The left contact came out Friday. I got to slowly come off the steroid drops over the next few months. Glad I did it and will update when I do my one month check up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Anyone who has had Lasik or PRK, any dry eye issues. That’s the only thing I’m paranoid about.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I haven’t noticed any so far. Every few hours I put a drop in. I really think it depends on how bad your eyes are and how much the laser has to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

GT350R

Established Member
I want to get it but have not been able to go without contacts and wear glasses only for 10 days.

I wanted PRK and they keep pushing me towards lasik. Not sure why. I know I am rough and will eventuality take a hit to my eye. That being the reason I wanted PRK instead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I've considered doing this for awhile, now. I'm starting to get what I think are eye strain related headaches. I've never worn glasses, or contacts in my entire life.

However, I've heard doctors don't recommend it for just aging related vision deterioration. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm likely going to schedule a consult soon, but thought I'd ask.
I’m 43 and just had lasik. They recommended not to or just get one eye done. The reason being is the older you get you can’t switch from near to far sighted.

Meaning with lasik you will see far but your lenses won’t be able to focus for near sightedness. In this case it seems that you would have to choose do you want everyday glasses or just reading glasses. Which may be a pain considering how much we use our phones today.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I want to get it but have not been able to go without contacts and wear glasses only for 10 days.

I wanted PRK and they keep pushing me towards lasik. Not sure why. I know I am rough and will eventuality take a hit to my eye. That being the reason I wanted PRK instead.
What would be the benefit for PRK? Lasik is easier and less recovery pain from what I’ve been told.

_Snake_

Established Member

Go with Lasik. It’s a better procedure with faster recovery.

How rough? I spent 4 years in the Marines after my (Lasik) procedure and took plenty of hits. I got out in 2004 and all is still well.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
What would be the benefit for PRK? Lasik is easier and less recovery pain from what I’ve been told.

They both have benefits. LASIK recovery is about 24hrs, but, you have to deal with the suction ring over your eye. The doc that was talking to us said that she has a 3 try rule. Meaning if you broke suction on the cup 3 time she wasn’t doing the procedure on you and would have to try again at a later date. They use to use a blade for lasik and now use a laser to make the flap so I’m sure that helps with precision. Also the suction cup burst the blood vessels in your eye so blood shot eyes for a couple weeks

PRK has no suction cup over the eye. A little longer recovery initially but same overall effect.

Both do the same thing just different ways to get to the part of the eye the laser works on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT350R

Established Member
PRK removes tge outer most layer and the healing time os that growing back.

Lasik slices the outer layer open. The flap lays back over and sights is almost instant.

The difference being the flap. The flap from lasik never heals and can dislodge. PRK cannot as there is no flap.
Downside as said above is healing time. About a week difference.

_Snake_

Established Member

Lasik slices the outer layer open. The flap lays back over and sights is almost instant.

The difference being the flap. The flap from lasik never heals and can dislodge. PRK cannot as there is no flap.

The dislodge rate is less than 1% and most of them occur soon after the surgery from people rubbing their eyes or blinking “forcefully.”

GT350R

Established Member
I agree. Just feel it's the one thatvwas right for me. I am rough at times. The heal time does not effect me as I dont really have to work.

jenkins_1120

Established Member

You’re not wrong on PRK removing the outer layer but it’s much less than lasik. PRK is 50 thousands of a millimeter vs lasik is 100 thousandths. Healing time is about 3 days for PRK.

As for the flap. After the first day or so you won’t have to worry about the flap coming up or distorting. Unless you aggressively rub your eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I had the FS200 Femtosecond Laser. My procedure burned for 4 hours like sweat in the eye until I fell asleep immediatly following surgery. When I woke up I was good to go.
After the procedures I saw vertical rainbow lines when looking at lights for about 4 months after. I saw the lines not the halo.

I’m very pleased with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread