Corvette Vs. Cobra Thread-ding, ding, ding

GotGrunt

Established Member
Someone needs to make a pic like this with a Z06 instead of a Camaro:

20307camarocheesesmall1js.jpg

281 ci vs. 346 ci
3700lbs vs. 3000-3100lbs.
High compression motor designed for N/A vs. low compression motor designed for boost

Fast is fast, run what u brung...

RU NAZT

NAZT
Established Member
As a former C5 owner, I am pleased to say that I wised up and went back to a Cobra. I love my 03 Cobra and should have never sold my 98 superchaged Cobra to get a C5.

How many previous C5 owners do we have? I would tend to believe the Cobra has converted more C5 owners then vice versa.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
I WAS a loyal GM owner from day one owning numerous GM (new) vehicles, especially Vettes and a few F-body cars. But, no longer. GM wouldn‘t take care of an internal vibration problem I had in 2001. Didn't matter to them if I purchased a new car every year. So I switched over to Ford and have not regretted it. For the money the Cobra is the best bang for the buck. Fun and comfortable to drive, and puts a smile on my face every time I tap the throttle. :burnout:
GM on the other hand, is literally giving their cars away to survive . F--k GM :bash:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Its my car. I have flowmaster C/B with Magnaflow 4" tips welded on. I now have Slp loudmouth and the same tips welded on. The pipes on the SLP are shinier now, though!

wet1

Established Member
Guys there are plenty of A-holes in the drivers seats of both camps, it's not just over there.

While I agree many of the arguments are lame, I get a kick out of the pointless mud throwing in general. I personally see nothing wrong with going power adder for power adder. Yeah you guys have a smaller engine, but you can also run far more boost on a stock engine than the LSx guys can (on the stock short block). This increased boost more than makes up for the lack of cubic inches. IMHO you guys have a better factory short block, but the LSx engines respond to mods VERY well.

Stock for stock the C5's are about even with the Cobras. The '02+ Z06 certainly puts a hurting on the snake in stock form.

Remember guys, anyone can make anything fast with enough money. I constantly hear on this forum that Cobra's can be made so quick for little $ (and they can!!!), but I also see many signatures here with a LOT of mods listed which add up to way more than a few $$$ and I suspect there are more than a few LSx cars that could clean their clocks with a lot less mods. My point is adding a SC or a shot of N2O is pretty cheap on the LSx cars and they yield huge gains. I personally like the Z06 better than the Cobra for many reasons, since you own a Cobra you obviously felt the desire to get the Cobra for your personal reasons, buy what you like, mod it, and enjoy it. ;)

Power Trip

Established Member
wet1 said:
Guys there are plenty of A-holes in the drivers seats of both camps, it's not just over there.

While I agree many of the arguments are lame, I get a kick out of the pointless mud throwing in general. I personally see nothing wrong with going power adder for power adder. Yeah you guys have a smaller engine, but you can also run far more boost on a stock engine than the LSx guys can (on the stock short block). This increased boost more than makes up for the lack of cubic inches. IMHO you guys have a better factory short block, but the LSx engines respond to mods VERY well.

Stock for stock the C5's are about even with the Cobras. The '02+ Z06 certainly puts a hurting on the snake in stock form.

Remember guys, anyone can make anything fast with enough money. I constantly hear on this forum that Cobra's can be made so quick for little $ (and they can!!!), but I also see many signatures here with a LOT of mods listed which add up to way more than a few $$$ and I suspect there are more than a few LSx cars that could clean their clocks with a lot less mods. My point is adding a SC or a shot of N2O is pretty cheap on the LSx cars and they yield huge gains. I personally like the Z06 better than the Cobra for many reasons, since you own a Cobra you obviously felt the desire to get the Cobra for your personal reasons, buy what you like, mod it, and enjoy it. ;)

A stock c5 is even with a stock cobra? I must have missed something..... Never knew they were trapping 109-112 stock like cobras do.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I didnt really read much of the thread. I did however see the slip of the vette guy saying he raced a BONE STOCK 04 Cobra @ the track and beat him. Which ok thats fine. Then i see the slip and the Cobra went 2.1 in the 60ft and 118mph, that sure as hell aint stock lol and he definetely didnt know how to drive it going 12.7.

Dont think Z06s are slow. I got my ass handed to me by a procharged Z06. Ive raced some stock ones and pull on them hard, but with a blower, watch out. You better be packing something powerful

stangfreak

Established Member
a c5 even with a stock cobra? no lol

my car with a catback and filter ran a 12.3 at 115mph on STOCK tires in the middle of winter. wow i had a catback and filter give me abreak compared to a vette which is basically a race car with plates

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I just love the way my pullied Cobra keep my a$$$ strapped on my seats Can A Corvette owner say that and really mean it NOT

bhamvett

Established Member
10th03Cobra said:
You tell em Andy!!! - Vettes are cool but the people that drive them are normally puds!!!!

Now, now. I love the 03,04 Cobra's. And I drive a Corvette, and trust me when I say I love all cars. The Corvette and the Mustang are two different classes of cars, both have their strengths and weaknesses. The 03,04 Cobra is one bad ass car, no doubt. That is why I am looking at a 03 Anniversary Edition as we speak!
Most Corvette owners are cool, but I do agree that some of the older owners can be snobbish and stuck up. Hell, they don't even wave to fellow Corvette owners. I always enjoy talking to the Mustang crowd, and looking at the cars.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
wet1 said:

Actually, a stock Terminator will easliy beat a stock C5 in straight line performance. The Cobra with more rwhp (and unfortunately more weight) is closer to the Z06 than you think. :-D

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
Actually, a stock Terminator will destroy a stock C5 in straight line performance. The Cobra has more rwhp (and unfortunately more weight) and is closer to the Z06 than you think. :-D
I wouldn't say "destroy".

And a Z06 will beat a STOCK Cobra easily. Add catback and CAI to a Cobra and it will still lose....VERY, very close race though.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Geez that other forum is ridiculous! Bla Bla Bla. But my dad argued with me until I proved it to him. Now he just flicks me off every time I rev the engine at him.

Bitter..

whippleblown03

Established Member
2 seats in a vette. 4 seats in a mustang.+ stang 10-20k cheaper. pulley and chip for $500 and its a winner every time!!! best bang for the buck

Users who are viewing this thread