Corvette Z06 says checkmate to GT500

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Look to compare the Z06 to the GT500 is a compliment to the GT500. Its a big deal when a Mustang beats a Vette. Look at the base price of each. Now if a Vette beats a Mustang it isnt a big deal. Why would it be? The Vette has always been the better performing car.
This new GT500 will not even beat a c7 ZR1 on the road course, and we have yet to see the straight line numbers. Although I have said several times it will be funny as hell if the new GT500 can beat a c7zr1 in straight line performance.

Going by GM's history of making the new model z06 better than the previous model zr1, this will be another day in the office for the new z06. Addition of DCT and mid engine, shit who knows how much quicker the car will be in every performance metric. One thing tho, i think it will be heavier since the regular c8 gained 200lbs from the c7 stingray. The c7 z06 weighs around 3600lbs and the c7zr1 weighs around 3500lbs.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The price of the porsche gt3 went up too, now starting at 143k. I'm curious how a z51 package will perform against one.
Funny you mention the GT3. That's one of my dream cars for sure.
I couldn't even afford a nicely, gently used one if I wanted to!! I looked and looked before getting the new Roush.lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My S550 has a back seat in theory, no one could sit behind me with me driving. Two shorties up front and maybe 2 kids in back.
This.

Im 5'5"and you can barely fit another smaller human in the back seat directly behind me. To get a normal sized human back there I have to move my seat all the way up.

Im a short **** and I have to get uncomfortably close to the steering wheel and pedals to fit a passenger behind me. The back seats in the Mustang are literally a courtesy and Mustang should be viewed as 2 seat sports car.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Actually, go back and read.

You stated - by my logic since the Mustang has 4 seats, these cars should be compared to all of Porsche's 4-door cars.

I replied by saying "So, you want to compare a Panamera now to a Z06".

Still follow?

I was just saying, that the Mustang is a much larger car compared to the Vette and can comfortable seat 4-people.

The owners of my company have several 911's. I'm 6'1 200ish pounds and barely, and I mean barely fit by myself in the back seat.

My reply was meant to refer to the top end performing 911's that do not have back seats (GT2/GT3) but, I did not elaborate.

Somehow a 70K car without ADM's is being compared to cars that start at the mid 100K range. Whereas the C7Z with all of the options were well over 130K.

He said Porsche 4 seat cars not 4 door cars, and the 911's have 4 seats minus the GT2/3. And BTW, the rear seats can be deleted in the GT500 so....

As far as pricing, it's out for the GT500 and yes it can be optioned to over $100K. Base price with destination and gas guzzler tax is $74K. The C8Z pricing will be higher, but it'll be pretty damn close. Close enough to compare the 2 with a performance/dollar view for sure. Considering the GT500 with the carbon package will be a 2 seater track oriented car much like the C8Z the comparisons are valid, despite the previous history of the 2 cars.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
This.

Im 5'5"and you can barely fit another smaller human in the back seat directly behind me. To get a normal sized human back there I have to move my seat all the way up.

Im a short **** and I have to get uncomfortably close to the steering wheel and pedals to fit a passenger behind me. The back seats in the Mustang are literally a courtesy and Mustang should be viewed as 2 seat sports car.

You’re a midget? Lmao

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Being that they're not in the same class of car it's easy to play chess alone. A more appropriate title would be the Z06 says checkmate to all mid-engine super cars. That's what Chevy is doing here. It's going to be half the price of it's competitors and most likely lay the smack down to most if not all of them. As a Ford guy, I salute them.

DepWraith

Established Member
I find it hilarious youre posting information speculation and rumor so soon after having everything wrong on the 500.

Please explain what part of that one sentence I posted was speculation so that the rest of us can understand where you're thinking went wrong.

DepWraith

Established Member
Being that they're not in the same class of car it's easy to play chess alone. A more appropriate title would be the Z06 says checkmate to all mid-engine super cars. That's what Chevy is doing here. It's going to be half the price of it's competitors and most likely lay the smack down to most if not all of them. As a Ford guy, I salute them.

Z06 starts at 80K.
GT500 Track Pack starts at 88.5k.

Looks like same class to me.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You’re a midget? Lmao
oh yeah... I used to be upset about it when I was younger, but I couldnt care less now. I can drive my Shelby and I reach the pedals in my Excursion so IM good. :D

Played offensive line in high school frosh year. Sophomore year everyone else hit their growth spurts and I didnt.... must have been the cigarettes I smoked in jr high. :D :D :D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Please explain what part of that one sentence I posted was speculation so that the rest of us can understand where you're thinking went wrong.
Your speculation that the c8z will cost as much as the base c7z.
Z06 starts at 80K.

If they put up the same time on track they will be in the same performance class.

DepWraith

Established Member
Your speculation that the c8z will cost as much as the base c7z.

If they put up the same time on track they will be in the same performance class.

Well the base vette basically stayed the same (within 5k), so it's very likely the Z06 will be about 85k at most for base.

(For the record, I never said it will cost the same, I simply put the 2019 price up...you made the assumption; seems common for you to read one thing and then think another)

They are in the same price class...actually the GT500 COSTS MORE and will be slower, so there's that too.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well the base vette basically stayed the same (within 5k), so it's very likely the Z06 will be about 85k at most for base.

(For the record, I never said it will cost the same, I simply put the 2019 price up...you made the assumption; seems common for you to read one thing and then think another)

They are in the same price class...actually the GT500 COSTS MORE and will be slower, so there's that too.

Yup and yours will be slower than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
So a 3550lb. mid engine super car is in the same class as a 4225lb. front engine four seat pony car because the price is similar? The Lincoln Navigator and F350 can be configured in that price range.... do they qualify too? You're just plain wrong.

Z06 starts at 80K.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So a 3550lb. mid engine super car is in the same class as a 4225lb. front engine four seat pony car because the price is similar? The Lincoln Navigator and F350 can be configured in that price range.... do they qualify too? You're just plain wrong.

Is the price AND trying to be the best at performing.

Recon

Established Member

I agree. The only class they share is cost, and that’s it.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread