Cosby talks about his cobra

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Twin supercharged car. Like the car that sold at Barret Jackson 5.5 million. From what I understand he has quite the car collection. 288 GTO, F40, and 275 GTB. The 288 and F40 both have under 1000 miles and he drives them just not alot. Never met him but he always seems like one of the last good clean commedians.

Videos > Cosby describes his Shelby Cobra on Leno - FQuick.com

Heres some pictures of the car
_400px_DSCN9283-cosby-engine4.jpg

carroll_shelby_cobra.jpg

ShelbyCobraSupersnake427_540x338.jpg

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
Shelby's car was running a C-6 he didn't want a manual, Cosby talks about getting his car on one of his records track name is 200mph :D

Ron Pratte bought it and 3 other of shelby's private car collection.
Pratte has a really nice collection I'd think he will get shelby's 289 cobra it was the first one made.

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I saw this very car, in person, at the all-Ford show in Carlisle PA back in June.

Carlisle2009010.jpg

Carlisle2009009.jpg

SICK. :coolman:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very cool video. I've always loved Bill Cosby. I've got a ton of respect for him as a person.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
for those who don't know, these 2 cars were the original super snakes, and where the GT500 super snake package got its name from. the original car, which was carrol shelbys until he auctioned it at barrett-jackson, was a 427 competition car converted to road use. the second car, the bill cosby car, was a road going 427 that was converted over to similar specs. after cosby gave the car back, shelby sent it to a dealer in san fran. the guy that bought it launched it off a cliff, though it's been speculated that it may have been a suicide.
rumor has it that these cars made 800HP!

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
This is the car that got me into cars when I was 6 or 7 years old. I have an original issue of Road & Track from '67? which features this car. I have to dig that thing up

Users who are viewing this thread