Cost of Buffing

Vette Eater

Established Member
SVT Wylde said:
I'm glad I read this. I may drive down and get you to clean my truck up. I have some swirls I can't get rid of. :-D
My schedule is open the latter part of next week...Let me know and I'll PM you my number.

Eric

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
hyvltge: What kind of drop do you have? I know it's the roush with 2" shackes... but what kind of drop is that? I want to get the same look but I don't want to spend a whole lot for it. And are those the stock 18" wheels? Looks Awesome!!!

Last edited:

Vette Eater

Established Member
Bootbox said:
I don't know man, that tonnuea cover looks pretty good to me... what product line do you use?

I've tried lots of different lines, everything from Pinnacle to Turtle Wax, and I've got nothing but good things to say about Meguiar's when it comes to your average dude with a PC in their driveway on a weekend. I use their #83 followed by #9 then top it with #16, all with my PC 7424, and it works magic.

:)
We use all Carbrite products except for our cutting paste. We use Tru-Cut, it is sold by our Carbrite dealer but isn't a Carbrite product. For swirl removal I use Sleek and for a sealant I either use Butter Wax or or Turtle Wax Platinum Paste...The Turtle wax has longer durability than the Butter...But the Butter makes the paint shine brighter just not as long.

I'm not saying Meguiars isn't good in quality...I'm saying in user friendlyness. they have too many products that do the same exact thing. I think if I can service 4 dealerships and only have to keep 5 products on hand to get ANY job done...that says something.

ChrisNelson...you are absolutely correct he a brilliant crook :-D

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Buy a PC 7424 and do it yourself.QUOTE]

As Chris said guys I use the PC. I have been stuck on NXT because I have gotten the most compliments while using it and it's easy with no white paste crap. Yes, even more compliments than using Zaino, plus I don't have to block out a day to wax.

As for the drop I didn't measure before and after sorry. I think it's about a 3/4, BUT as I have said in the past I would not advise to go that low. Speed bumps are a thing nightmares are made of and forget about anything with height after the long bars are installed. :bash: The bar mounts are already missing some paint. :shrug: We'll see if they help the 60 foot tomorrow though. :dw:

Oh yeah, and I have stock 03-04's that are chromed.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Damn hyvltge! I want my L to look just like yours. I'm planning on getting a kit soon to buff mine with but there are so many products out there to choose from. While the claybar and waxing help it doesn't hold a candle to your shine job.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
To be honest that's all I do.... Clay bar and wax. If it gets really nasty I get it done professionaly by a guy who used to be an AZLOC member. Otherwise I try to do it all myself.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I took Vette Eater's advice and used Carbrite Sleek on my cars and it took all the swirls out of my black cobra and my red cobra with only 1 application on each car. It's also very easy to remove. On the other hand I used NXT as a top coat to finish it off and I find that NXT seems to leave a greasy film behind that's hard for me completely remove from the car, I'll be trying the Turtle Wax Platinum next time I think.

Users who are viewing this thread