Cost to get a Z06 to 500 rwhp?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Devil Dog
A Procharger for a Z06 costs $5,500.

Not on the receipt I saw. I posted pics a year ago of Vinny Green installing a Dual Intercooled Procharger setup on a 2002 Z06. His cost was $7200 with retail being $8500. The price has come down a little but I just did a search and retail on the P-1SC H.O. is $7499!

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Sailing2Smth
well fortunately the new Z07 will have 450-475bhp so it will be much easier/cheaper to make 500rwhp....werd!!!!!;-)

Im just glad if cars start getting to fast I can always throw a Kenne bell on and run with the lot of em.

Thats where I think this SC 4.6 is superior to alot of Today's N/A engines that share close to an equavilent output... The DOHC 5.4 Cobra R is a great engine... The LS6 is a great engine, with mucho daniro you can run pretty much as fast as you want... but they just seem to take so much more time and money than this car (and it seems the lightening as well). 550 to 600hp is around 3 to 4 grand and bolt on away for this car. I dont have to worry about changing engine internals, I dont have to worry about higher compression ratios, I dont have to worry about the engine block snapping in 2. Its just so easy.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Im just glad if cars start getting to fast I can always throw a Kenne bell on and run with the lot of em.

Thats where I think this SC 4.6 is superior to alot of Today's N/A engines that share close to an equavilent output... The DOHC 5.4 Cobra R is a great engine... The LS6 is a great engine, with mucho daniro you can run pretty much as fast as you want... but they just seem to take so much more time and money than this car (and it seems the lightening as well). 550 to 600hp is around 3 to 4 grand and bolt on away for this car. I dont have to worry about changing engine internals, I dont have to worry about higher compression ratios, I dont have to worry about the engine block snapping in 2. Its just so easy.

DAMN GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Sailing2Smth
DAMN GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

That point right there is exactly why this car is being called the Grand National and Supra of today... The simple ease of the mod.

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
The price has come down a little but I just did a search and retail on the P-1SC H.O. is $7499!
I also own a C5 Corvette so I know what the mods costs and I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay retail, T. Byrne sells Corvette Prochargers everyday for less than $5500.
ZO6/C5 Procharger prices

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I dont have to worry about changing engine internals, I dont have to worry about higher compression ratios, I dont have to worry about the engine block snapping in 2. Its just so easy.
You just have to worry about keeping your half shafts in one piece.

OK back to the original topic, ZO6's can easily make 500 rwhp with forced induction:
Procharger
Vortech
Magnuson
But LS6's really love nitrous and for less than a grand you can have a low 11 to high 10 second ride, but if you really want to know about ZO6 mods go to www.corvetteforum.com

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
You just have to worry about keeping your half shafts in one piece.

Nothing drag radials, a hard launch kit, and knowing how to drive wont take care of. If that nitrous pete can put an 03 Cobra in the mid 9's with an IRS then I dont plan on having any trouble with it running low 11's to high 10's on an IRS.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I also own a C5 Corvette so I know what the mods costs and I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay retail, T. Byrne sells Corvette Prochargers everyday for less than $5500.
ZO6/C5 Procharger prices

Their site says $5649.99 for the H.O. kit and doesnt include the computer specific tune or the install. The install is a bitch especially with the dual intercoolers and where they are mounted.

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
The H.O. kit comes with everything you need including a reprogrammed chip, the tuner kit sells for $5200 w/o injectors or the chip.

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by VettTheRipper
I'd would think that it could be done with nothing more than a cam/springs and an airbox with the stock heads. It would need to be a fairly radical grind with one wicked lumpy idle, but it could be done.

LAFF:D .

Heads/cam are just now getting to 470rwhp

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
LAFF:D .

Heads/cam are just now getting to 470rwhp

figure he would know b/c he owns a Z06.
i have noticed that heads/cam setup on stock Z06 are getting something around 440-460rwhp. fortunate for the Z06, all you gotta do is hook up a NX kit to it, throw a 150shot of the nitrous at it, and make waaayyy more than 500rwhp.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
A buddy of mine just slapped a Magneson on his ZO6. He's got longtubes, exhaust, and I think some intake mods and he's still not at 500rwhp. It's not as easy, or as cheap, as it sounds. He also had to buy a new hood to fit over the SC. From what I can see, the average person isn't going to do the install themselves.

On the other hand, he was already running damn close to me at the track before the SC install anyway, so he doesn't care if he ever hits 500 or not.

Users who are viewing this thread