Cost to get a Z06 to 500 rwhp?

Friendchicken

Off the top of your heads... if a 03 cobra can get there with 2k in DIY mods, how much would it cost to get a Z06 to that power level? (No Nitrous)

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
there are a lot of ways you could do it. With used parts N/A prob 3-4K. With a blower prob around4-5. Single turbo setup prob 5-6.

Getting it to the ground is another story. Was this post just to show how mod happy the 03 is?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
there are a lot of ways you could do it. With used parts N/A prob 3-4K. With a blower prob around4-5. Single turbo setup prob 5-6.

Getting it to the ground is another story. Was this post just to show how mod happy the 03 is?

Check you numbers the Procharger set up for a Z06 is $8500.

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Depends. If you do the labor yourself, heads, cam and full exhaust should get one to around 500RWHP. The cost retail would run you about $5-6k. However, you can do it for about $3k if you buy some parts used and know a good head shop. My buddy's 01 Camaro just dyno'd 458RWHP with a T1, full length FLP's (no cats) and some local head porting. Total cost (we did all the installation) was $2400. I see no reason why a LS6 couldn't do over 500 with similar mods.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by Sailing2Smth
but with that you would get way more than 500rwhp though.

The gains are close to 120 RWHP, as the set up uses only 6 pounds of boost on a stock engine. So it is right about 500 RWHP

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Lets not forget though a z06 doesn't need as much HP to go as fast as the Cobra.

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
I'd would think that it could be done with nothing more than a cam/springs and an airbox with the stock heads. It would need to be a fairly radical grind with one wicked lumpy idle, but it could be done.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by VettTheRipper
I'd would think that it could be done with nothing more than a cam/springs and an airbox with the stock heads. It would need to be a fairly radical grind with one wicked lumpy idle, but it could be done.

You seriously think a cam/springs and an airbox is going to add 150 RWHP?:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread