couldnt find any Z06s to race so

MoPony

Established Member
we bought one.These cars are pretty cool but i guess they should be for the extra 15K. Still going through the break in period .Picked electron blue to go with our sonic blue 03 Cobra .
The Z06 is for my wife since it is easier to shift . And next spring Im going to mod the sh!t out of the Cobra, her vette stays oem
:coolman: :burnout:

MoPony

Established Member
this vette shifts like butter melts ,smaooth.But I think my cobra is just as fast if not a little faster.Im still braking her in .200 miles on it since wed. We have over 9000 on the cobra del.6/26 .Like I said though the Z06 is a more exspensive vehiiiiiicle(wife took ownership instantly after driving it )thats OK I like my (read all the MODS are gona happen now)COBRA .Can you see the grin on my face

MoPony

Established Member
Foster - no trans noise at all on the Z06 .But Ilike the glachy sound of the cobra shift.Ihave the P50in it

stan03

Established Member
Z06 vs Cobra

My buddy brought his ZO6 over and we did a little comp run in each car with me driving...same route.I think I scared him a bit.
He commented that my car felt more powerful,better sounding,and to our surprise the ZO6 got loose a few more times than the cobra on the windy road part.He was calling for mods the next day..still no race...still no mods for him.
The clutch is BUTTER...hated it myself.Of course I could be a little biased.

jtfx6552

Established Member
What trans does the Z06 have? for some reason in the back of my head I thought they had a T-56 , too, but I guess that doesn't make sense because it is in the rear of the car, right?

JT

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
What trans does the Z06 have? for some reason in the back of my head I thought they had a T-56 , too, but I guess that doesn't make sense because it is in the rear of the car, right?

JT

The vette actually utilizes a transaxle...not a transmission in the conventional sense. It's a superior design for weight distibution IMO. They did have problems with initial units however (they locked up due to inefficient lubrication at freeway speeds).

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
That is cool.

Am I the only 03 owner that likes his transmission. I think mine is smooth and I have no transmission noises at all and have a tri-ax. It is a far departure from my 95 Cobra's T-5 transmission with Pro-5.0 shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread