couple exhaust ?'s

Rusak23

Established Member
I think this might belong in the gen 2 lightning thread but since its a cat question i figured this section would be ok,anyways im going to a muffler shop this wednesday to get a bung put in for my wideband i already asked and of course they say they wont remove cats because its illegal. now im looking for a way to bump up the exhaust tone without having to go to a different set up. I know there are high-flow cats but im not sure if thats actually going to up the decibel level any, another option is hollowing out the cats but i dont know anyone whos ever done that. Basically im looking for any tips what do you guys have?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're looking to use your existing setup, you could either remove the cats or hollow them out. Either way the decibel level will increase.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
I have gutted cats on my car atm. Its like going to a O/R pipe honestly. I would suggest buying some maganflow high flow cats and having the muffler shop install those. They will up the exhaust noise some but not overly excessive like gutting the cats will.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
on the stock lightning midpipe they have 2 cats per side, remove the upper or lower converters to gain more of a tone and still pass emissions.

i did this many, many moons ago when my truck was stock and it sounded great and picked up a little bit of seat of the pants feel. cost me $60 for pipe and the time for my friend to weld(beer money)

Users who are viewing this thread