Couple of pic of my car from our trip

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Went and cruised the Tail of the Dragon this weekend (and surrounding roads)..

DR6-11.jpg

DSC00587rs.jpg

Dragon005.jpg

9.jpg

The Group
DR6-03.jpg

Wife's Cobra
DR6-01.jpg

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Dang Lee, those are awesome pics!! The next time you're in my neck of the woods you need to send me a PM or an e mail. I'd love to tag along through the Dragon with you guys. I went about a month ago and drove it by myself on a Tuesday along with the Cherohala Skyway. Here's one pic of my trip. That road is such a blast to drive!! I kept braking too early into the curves. The new 13" brake setup on my car threw me for a loop.

167132.jpg

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Goodson I forgot completely about you living in the area. I usually see Richard on our way in but he never wants to come play with us. If we come up in the fall I will let you know the dates.

Our drive was kinda limited this trip because we got a late start on Friday due to one of the cars developed a leaking tire that could not be fixed on the way up thursday. On Friday all we did was the skyway, dragon, and foothills.

Then we had a dude from the Netherlands on a Harley V-rod rental slide underneath the lead car while on the dragon

Speedfreek

Established Member
Man wish you would have hit me up. My inlaws have a house in Pigeon Forge and we were up there. I'm there every other weekend or so.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Then we had a dude from the Netherlands on a Harley V-rod rental slide underneath the lead car while on the dragon

Whoa!! I hope it didn't do much damage to the guys car. The guy on the bike is lucky he didn't end up going down a ravine. I'll bet he dragged a foot rest or peg on the pavement. I've seen guys shoot sparks off of them going through the curves because they lean so far in.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Goodson said:
Whoa!! I hope it didn't do much damage to the guys car. The guy on the bike is lucky he didn't end up going down a ravine. I'll bet he dragged a foot rest or peg on the pavement. I've seen guys shoot sparks off of them going through the curves because they lean so far in.

gear shifter put a hole in the bumper cover and it scuffed the paint where he hit the bike and where another in our group bumped the lead car in the backend.

From what I understand though, the Harley had a little more damage

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
johnh said:
Lee,
Awesome pics..
Is your car painted? That hood fits flawless for glass.:rockon:

yeah John the car was painted after a very minor fender bender back in 2002. I was afraid that the paint would not match if I just had half of the fender painted so I opted to have the whole car painted at that time including part of the engine bay.

Here is one more pic
P6072270.jpg

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Speedfreek said:
Man wish you would have hit me up. My inlaws have a house in Pigeon Forge and we were up there. I'm there every other weekend or so.

Surprised you didn't see us. We were in Pigeon Forge Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon eating. ummm Apple Barn

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
svtdriven said:
i got the same hood. the fitment isn't perfect, but its still pretty nice.

My hood fits great. There was no trimming necessary like on my prior off brand glass hoods

scootro

Established Member
Goodson said:
thanks again for the pm full of pics!!!!! i love that car.... Hopefully my 88' t-top will look like that someday. :beer:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Goodson and Speedfreak.
I think we are going to try and do a day trip one Saturday next month. I'll try and remember to let you guys know. we could probably meet up for lunch at Tapoco that Satuday (its around 4hrs one way for us)

Users who are viewing this thread